Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2015, 10:27 AM   #1

Parking next to the House

I have a 2016 25 foot Micro lite that I tow with an 08 Dodge Durango. The set up seems good to me. The WDH is doing its thing going down the road seems solid and backing it up into a site is a non-issue. The problem I am having is getting the thing parked next to the house, any tips or tricks would be much appreciated. I have a 25 foot driveway. I have added an additional 25 ft deep and 11 feet wide drive on the right side of the house. There is a 5 degree down hill from the garage to the street. There is also an eve on the house the hangs over about two feet that can be hit (and was) by the camper. Depending on the return time I can either back in from the right (which seems easier) or back in from the left (there is a truck parked in the street block maneuverability room on the right. I do have a pad in front that is about 11 feet long of full width that tapers at an angle to the side walk for an additional 14 feet. Yesterday I got the trailer close but the TV was all jack knifed and screwy. I unhitched and straightened out and re-hitched, that seems to help, but was a bit of a pain. Please share your tips if you have a similar set up. I love the new camper except for the last 15 minutes of the trip!
HappyCamperCY96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:38 AM   #2
Always Learning

The first time I parked at our storage lot, it took me 55 minutes. That 55 minutes compressed down 19 seconds of time-lapse photos. It was terrible. (Funny in hindsight, but terrible none the less.) My wife and I have gotten it down to < 5 minutes.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...lot-28860.html

What I'm trying to say is- with practice and patience, it'll come.
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 02:55 PM   #3

ependydad, That video was great! Thanks for sharing and the encouraging words. I do seem to do worse when there or other eyes on me, including the wife.
HappyCamperCY96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parking