Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #21
Brigitte

Wonder what the OP found out from looking at axles!? Sticker error or Forest River big mistake with wrong axles...
Timbrens
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonG View Post
You know, something bothered me about the OP's GVWR sticker, and it just dawned on me, it says that his camper has 3 axles!
Talk about a messed up deal.
Thats why he can only carry 81 more lbs, he's carrying around an extra axle
Seriously though, that's messed up.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:15 PM   #23

I was just waxing my TT and noticed it shows 3 axles also??

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2752968669.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	14237
Old 05-21-2012, 08:24 PM   #24

Just noticed you don't have check marks for single or dual wheels on the center.
cstover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

In both of these cases, I think that the manufacturer just uses a standard sticker (for 3 axles) and just checks what applies.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:47 PM   #26
DDC

These are the results of what not having Quality Control at the manufacturing plant, I sure hope this poor guy gets this fixed up.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:55 PM   #27

"In both of these cases, I think that the manufacturer just uses a standard sticker (for 3 axles) and just checks what applies."
=================
Nope, mine is all zeros for the middle axle.
It appears that nothing is "standard".
DonG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:01 AM   #28

Well....

Hmmm....I only see check marks in the front/rear axels on the sticker....but im thinking now that it probably does not mean much. First thing im doing tomorrow morning when I get home from work is to crawl under the trailer and find out axel info. And put a call into the dealer to sort this apparent mess out.
SknirB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:44 AM   #29

Yep, I think you guys/gals are correct on the check marks.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:13 AM   #30

Sticker from axels

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1667209691.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	14259

So it appears the axels are correct. Now to call the dealer and enquire about my yellow sticker....after I get some sleep.....was a long night!

Thanks all for the replies! Will get this all sorted out eventually
Old 05-22-2012, 07:21 AM   #31

That is a 1600 lb difference!
cstover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:25 AM   #32

Excellent. You don't have to worry about the yellow sticker, as you now know you have lots of cargo capacity.
It was the guy who punched in the numbers for the GVWR sticker that messed up, and that affected the numbers on the yellow one. The funny thing is, anyone with half a brain would have realised that something was wrong, with only a few pounds of cargo capacity, but when you consider some of the other dumb things they do, FR is obviously not paying their workers enough!

I would let the dealer know about the issue, but would concentrate more on just enjoying the camping season.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:45 AM   #33

Quote:
when you consider some of the other dumb things they do, FR is obviously not paying their workers enough!
I would say they are OVER paid from some of the stuff I have read on here. Gets me rather paranoid of what i have to look forward to

Need to fire and re-hire some people with at least a few brain cells to rub together, IMO. I mean, when your entire line of Gray Wolf trailers are missing the same overflow vent hose (quite important really), and they say "oh, we meant to do that." Really makes you wonder...
Rsgtivr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #34
Site Team - Lou

Let's try and keep the replies on target. While it is easy to bash the quality of workmanship at FR (and sometimes feels good to do so), it is a slippery slope.

I am the first one to admit "guilty" of blaming "Woody," who lunches at Cheers, and works for an RV company, for many woes presented here.
Just make your point and move on.

As far as the OP's problem, "forget it and go camping" might not be the best advice in his situation. There were errors on the sticker not all that long ago about the tire pressure required in the tires to carry the load. A tech during the dealership's PDI, let air out of the tires to reduce the pressure in 65 PSI D rated tires to the 50 PSI called for on the sticker.

The member asked about it here when he noticed a discrepancy between the tire side wall pressure and the sticker after a discussion on tire sidewall markings.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:47 AM   #35

"As far as the OP's problem, "forget it and go camping" might not be the best advice in his situation."
===================================
I don't think anyone said to "forget it".
But the OP now knows that his GVWR sticker is wrong, and he knows that he has about 1800 lbs of cargo capacity.
The tire psi error is a matter of safety, this one is not.
The bottom line is that the OP's questions have been answered, and that is all that is important.
So everyone can relax and
Old 05-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #36
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
"As far as the OP's problem, "forget it and go camping" might not be the best advice in his situation."
===================================
I don't think anyone said to "forget it".
But the OP now knows that his GVWR sticker is wrong, and he knows that he has about 1800 lbs of cargo capacity.
The tire psi error is a matter of safety, this one is not.
The bottom line is that the OP's questions have been answered, and that is all that is important.
So everyone can relax and
Sorry Don, you are absolutely correct.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:29 PM   #37

Now What?

Ok...well thanks all for helping me understand what is going on here. From a safety standpoint I feel much better.....glad to know that my own ignorance on important things has not resulted in me putting my or someone elses families in harms way.

So i contacted the Dealer today and was promptly told that there is really nothing that they can do for me since I am the registered owner of this TT with Coachman/'Forest River.....and I would have to contact them myself and get it straightened out.

Does anyone know who at FR i should be talking to or do I just look up the general email address and start there?

Thanks again all!
Old 05-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Even though you know things are good, I think it would be a good idea to get it corrected. What if you sell the unit ???

Start with the number listed on the website under contacts: SERVICE: (800) 453-6064

If they can't help you, ask what is the next number to call and go from there.

If that gets you nowhere, you can try contacting via email here:Contact Coachmen RV

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #39
DDC

[QUOTE :So i contacted the Dealer today and was promptly told that there is really nothing that they can do for me since I am the registered owner of this TT with Coachman/'Forest River.....and I would have to contact them myself and get it straightened out. ]

Whow what a lazy dealer does he have no conscience, he just took money for a product where the DOT specs were wrong, he should at least do the leg work to get a new yellow sticker from F/R.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #40

"he should at least do the leg work to get a new yellow sticker from F/R."
---------------------
Both the yellow sticker and the GVWR sticker are wrong, and the GVWR is far more important. The yellow one is just for the owner's information.
Eventually, it would be good to get the GVWR sticker replaced, as you just never know when the DOT jackboots will pull you over, but I wouldn't be in any panic. When have you ever seen a camper being checked? And if they get pissy, they can simply weigh the unit.

I do agree that the dealer is a lazy slug, but isn't that the norm?
We were lucky enough to find a good, and honest, dealer. But we had to go through a half dozen bad ones first.

Tags
led pad