Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 03:22 PM   #861
Senior Member
 
Big Bad Allis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 125
New truck and trailer ready for the 1st trip

2012 F350 Powerstroke and 2014 Wildwood 30' bunkhouse
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(3).jpg
Views:	154
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	34827  
__________________

__________________
Jason
2012 F350 SRW Powerstroke
2011 Acadia Denali
2014 Montana 356TBF
Big Bad Allis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #862
Camper Less Camping
 
Cajun Po-Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW
Posts: 3,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsey View Post

Nice! that is what we call our 5er as well.
I can't take credit for coming up with that name but got it from another FRF member here & told myself, that is exactly what these rigs are to all of us owners & use the name all the time now!
__________________

__________________
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6 (sold)
Family of 4 whose always on the GEAUX!
Cajun Po-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:46 PM   #863
NELA
 
Weezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,348
And here's our set up!
New F250 Super Duty (took delivery last Friday) to go with our new 30WIKSS (took delivery six weeks ago)

We started out with the F150 EcoBeast which DH has had for a couple of years with extremely low mileage. Just felt a little unstable on the highway and bad bumpy 2 lane roads, with no shoulders and six inch asphalt drop offs, during the three trips we'd taken so far, so he traded the beast in on the F250.

We took the TT in for warranty yesterday with the new TV. WOW! What a difference! We were so much more relaxed that the rig seemed more connected to the road and didn't cringe when meeting an 18 wheeler or saw one approaching in the rear view mirrors.

Instead of feeling constant stress we were able to relax, converse and even joke during the 1.5 hour trip.

We began this RVing journey as a way of relaxing and enjoying life, just the two of us spending quality time together. THIS is what we will now be experiencing.

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/...psf63194e8.jpg

The paint on the F250 is "Tuxedo Black". That is a gorgeous metallic (*way* up close it appears to be multi colored diamond dust) black.
__________________

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:54 PM   #864
Senior Member
 
NHFire 152's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post

Very niiiice, Is that a V nose? What sits up front?
RVChick. Yes, it's a V nose. This is the bunk house model. The point portion is actually a closet. The bunks are up front and the master bedroom is in the rear. Awesome floor plan! We love it!
__________________
NHFire 152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:13 AM   #865
NELA
 
Weezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHFire 152 View Post
RVChick. Yes, it's a V nose. This is the bunk house model. The point portion is actually a closet. The bunks are up front and the master bedroom is in the rear. Awesome floor plan! We love it!

We saw your model on the sales lot yesterday. That walk in closet/wardrobe is awesome!

In the V nose of ours is the bathroom, dual sinks, medicine cabinets, mirrors, etc.

Yep, that means a person must walk through our bedroom to get to the bathroom. Not a problem for us as it's just us. We looked at the Flagstaff 30WFKSS model wherein the kitchen is in the V Nose....again, NICE! But we decided on the Island Kitchen version and are lovin the beejeepers out of it!
__________________

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:30 AM   #866
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Dillsburg, PA
Posts: 308
__________________


2013 Rockwood Mini 2503S
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 5.3L
Bryan2503S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #867
Moderator Emeritus
 
RVChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: In the Country
Posts: 5,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by HERmit View Post
And here's our set up!
New F250 Super Duty (took delivery last Friday) to go with our new 30WIKSS (took delivery six weeks ago)

We started out with the F150 EcoBeast which DH has had for a couple of years with extremely low mileage. Just felt a little unstable on the highway and bad bumpy 2 lane roads, with no shoulders and six inch asphalt drop offs, during the three trips we'd taken so far, so he traded the beast in on the F250.

We took the TT in for warranty yesterday with the new TV. WOW! What a difference! We were so much more relaxed that the rig seemed more connected to the road and didn't cringe when meeting an 18 wheeler or saw one approaching in the rear view mirrors.

Instead of feeling constant stress we were able to relax, converse and even joke during the 1.5 hour trip.

We began this RVing journey as a way of relaxing and enjoying life, just the two of us spending quality time together. THIS is what we will now be experiencing.

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/...psf63194e8.jpg

The paint on the F250 is "Tuxedo Black". That is a gorgeous metallic (*way* up close it appears to be multi colored diamond dust) black.
HERmit it is a beautiful combo!!
__________________
Kenny n Karen
TV: 2007 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW - named Alice
RV: 2012 XLR Thunderbolt 35x12 - named Thor
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:56 AM   #868
Moderator Emeritus
 
RVChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: In the Country
Posts: 5,892
Go Chevy!!!
__________________
Kenny n Karen
TV: 2007 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW - named Alice
RV: 2012 XLR Thunderbolt 35x12 - named Thor
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #869
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 363
pic is a little dark but this is right afte picking up the new RV
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130630_Heade Home.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	35408   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130629_all setup.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	35409  
__________________
2013 Ram 1500 (5.7)
2014 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...ps412bc14c.jpg
Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #870
Camper Less Camping
 
Cajun Po-Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW
Posts: 3,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prothos View Post
pic is a little dark but this is right afte picking up the new RV
Nice!
__________________

__________________
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6 (sold)
Family of 4 whose always on the GEAUX!
Cajun Po-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 AM.