Old 03-17-2019, 01:26 PM   #1

Problem with my TV 7-pin plug?

The 7 pin plug on my TV doesn't seem to be suppling power to my E-Pro 19 FBS. I am getting power to my running, brake and signal lights. I checked my TV's fuze and it looks good. Any recommendations on what to do next?

Backstory: I picked up my RV from Camping World on Friday. It went in for minor warranty work. It appears someone turned on battery power AND my heater. AND left both on. On Friday my RV battery was completely dead. The battery has been charging it in my garage for over 18 hours now but it doesn't indicate that it is actually charged yet.

Should I bug CW for a new battery? it is only ten month old.

John

2018 Forest River Flagstaff E-PRO 19FBS
2107 Toyota Highlander
NC_RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 01:30 PM   #2

Not sure what to suggest regarding your 8-pin issue other than asking if youíve actually verified if itís supplying power or not by using a DVOM.

Regarding the battery, it has a warranty. CW should replace it under the battery warranty without issue if itís refusing to charge or hold a charge.

Old 03-17-2019, 01:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_RVer View Post
The 7 pin plug on my TV doesn't seem to be suppling power to my E-Pro 19 FBS. I am getting power to my running, brake and signal lights. I checked my TV's fuze and it looks good. Any recommendations on what to do next?

Backstory: I picked up my RV from Camping World on Friday. It went in for minor warranty work. It appears someone turned on battery power AND my heater. AND left both on. On Friday my RV battery was completely dead. The battery has been charging it in my garage for over 18 hours now but it doesn't indicate that it is actually charged yet.

Should I bug CW for a new battery? it is only ten month old.

John
What's your TV . not all 7 pins are wired with 12v supply count the wires heading into it and make sure there are 7 . then test to 12 v acc. pin to see if it live .
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 01:52 PM   #4
Site Team

You need to test the 7 pin plug with a multimeter.
Seriously doubt CW is going to replace the battery for free, after 10 months. How will you prove that they were at fault? Especially if your tow vehicle has not been supplying a charge.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 01:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Seriously doubt CW is going to replace the battery for free, after 10 months. How will you prove that they were at fault?

Battery warranty. If CW didnít sell them the trailer and isnít a reseller of the battery brand then the OP will have to find a local reseller to have it replaced under warranty.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:16 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDrax View Post
Battery warranty. If CW didnít sell them the trailer and isnít a reseller of the battery brand then the OP will have to find a local reseller to have it replaced under warranty.
My bet is that's what CW will tell the OP. CW isn't going to replace it, if they stay true to their business model.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 03:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Seriously doubt CW is going to replace the battery for free, after 10 months. How will you prove that they were at fault? Especially if your tow vehicle has not been supplying a charge.
If the unit was new and if bought at CW they installed the battery and they sale batteries . so they should cover battery warranty regardless of what caused the battery to go bad . if it's interstate which they do sale i think one yr warranty so if it fails a load test . yada yada . he can get a new one
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 04:15 PM   #8
Site Team

Not sure about the Toyota, but some TV's also have a relay in the 12V aux line to prevent the RV from draining the TV battery when parked for a while. Did you try the Aux pin with the TV running?

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 05:51 PM   #9

I should have added to my OP that CW did test the TV end of the seven-pin plug. Their tester indicated that power wasn't going out (to charge the RV battery). All the other functions, outside lights, brakes, blinker were working.

The inside lights were working when I dropped it off. When I entered my RV after the service rep plugged me into shore power, the lights came on and the heater too. That lead me to believe a service technician ran the RV off battery power and had the heater on too. And then left both on draining the battery.

The only repairs I had done were:

1. Replace a USB charger
2. Replace the stove top fan motor.
3. Replace an outlet plug cover.

And they did their 21 point annual inspection.

I imagine it took a technician about 20 minutes to do everything. Yet it took 32 days before I got my RV back. I'm only about 15 minutes away from CW.

John

2018 Forest River Flagstaff E-PRO 19FBS
2107 Toyota Highlander
NC_RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:18 PM   #10

actually only minimal power 12VDC supplied thru the 7 pin connector to the RV... not nearly enough to charge a dis-charged battery in the RV, even after hours of driving...

this topic is covered in a number of other threads about charging off tow vehicle while driving...

the short answer is DON"T count on it!

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote