Old 05-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #1

Propride 3p installation question

I recently bought a propride hitch and am planning on installing this week. Question i have is where my camper is parked, the drive slopes from front of camper to the back. It is sitting level now so the front tongue is closer to the ground and the rear bumper of camper is higher. In reference to the measurement i need to take from the ground to the coupler, should i raise my tongue jack so the camper is evenly raised? Same height to the front corner as the rear corner? Doing this would take it from level to front being higher. Or do i leave it as is.. Couldn't find anything in install manual about this. I just want to get my measurements right so its set up right the first time. Thanks all!!

Old 05-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
DDC

Does the manual not state that you need to have the unit on a flat and level surface?

Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #3

Just checked it again. Nope does not specify. But i think ill pull it to level ground and do it that way.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
President ProPride, Inc.

If you make your measurements with the trailer PARALLEL to the slope of the ground you do not need to be on level ground for the installation.

Once the hitch head is mounted in the coupler you can disconnect the tow vehicle so you aren't working against it while installing the spring bars.

The spring bars and the measurements are really the only reason to have it on level ground while installing but if you do the above you can certainly install it on unlevel ground.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #5

Thanks Sean. I think I got it installed properly today. I'll hook it up and pull it somewhere level and play with the springbar tension. I measured the wheel well on front and rear of the truck so ill try to get the weight distributed evenly where it's close as possible to what it reads unhitched.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #6

Sean Glad to see you posting.
Hensley Cub hitch ,
jlgail4309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #7
DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgail4309 View Post
Sean Glad to see you posting.
X2 on that he has a wealth of actual knowledge to share.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:46 AM   #8

Tell me what other owner of a company would take the time to answer his own emails, give out his cell phone # and be so helpful. This is what is missing in America these days. Stand behind your product and give good customer support, and as word of mouth spreads your product sells itself. Not to mention that it is just a great hitch. I will highly recommend the propride to anyone who will listen.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #9
President ProPride, Inc.

Thank you EVERYONE!

I try to follow along as much as I can. I don't always post because some think I am just trying to sell hitches. What I am really doing is trying to disseminate any information I've learned about towing throughout 17 years of being in the business. I believe sales take care of themselves if I take care of customers by providing value through service and an excellent product.

Thanks again.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:01 AM   #10

Well, we took the camper and newly installed propride for its maiden voyage together this Mother's Day weekend. Towed about 2 hours away to Evergreen RV resort in Mt Eaton OH. The propride got its 1st test when we hit a severe thunderstorm with 30 mph wind gusts on the drive up. It performed FLAWLESSLY. What an amazing hitch. I could feel the truck and camper being pushed together but never had any sway. It got test number 2 on our way home with 15 mph steady winds the whole way home with gusts higher. I would highly recommend this hitch to anyone thinking of getting it.