Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2018, 07:18 PM   #1

Pull Rite #2700 broken locking lever

Good Evening,

Over my last eight trips over the last three months I have broken the pin on the locking lever of my hitch four times as you can see in the attached photo. I had previously had 50+ camps over the last two years with no problems. Getting replacement levers are not an option locally and the logistical coordination is increasingly more aggravating. On one of our last camps we ordered six replacements at $10 each but broke another today. As we are currently camping in Canada I am concerned I may not have enough replacement parts to make it back to the US much less home.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and how did you correct this?

As I have now lost confidence in this hitch which auto sliding hitch system are you using for your short bed trucks? I have the 2016 F-250 6'9" bed.

Thank you!

Phil
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0079.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	183034  
PhillipT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:46 PM   #2

I’ve had my Pull Rite (18k) auto slide hitch for ten year and never had any problems with it at all. The only thing I’ve had do with this hitch beside lub it, is replace one of the small springs that come apart this year. I called Pull Rite and they sent me new springs free of charge.
Keep us posted with the cause of your problem.
Thanks
bajamike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 06:20 AM   #3

No problems with my #2700 either........just lube it and go with my sb Ford.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:04 AM   #4

Similar issue with my Pull Rite. Bent locking lever was caused by hitching with kingpin too high above plate. Letting kingpin plate slide up onto hitch plate stopped the breaking/bending. Keep the locking lever mechanism lubricated.
igor2brvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:46 PM   #5

My PullRite was hard to hook up until I figured out that it likes the king pin to slide up and into the latch. Straight into it at the same height was not working at all. As for your parts, PullRite will send them to you for free, I used to be a dealer for them and they have great customer service. Good luck
Having lots of Fun traveling with my wife
old40ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:07 PM   #6
"Curmudgeon"

Send a message via MSN to Trawlerphil Send a message via Yahoo to Trawlerphil
The only problem I've had with my Superglide 3300 is the handle popped off. There's a little tooth washer holding everything on. It was easy to repair. I use the graphite spray on everything and I don't connect unless it has at least a 3/4" uphill slide to engage.
Trawlerphil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lock