Old 03-03-2016, 04:41 PM   #31
papatioman there have been some great replies and I also pull a36' coachmen with a
Ram 1500. I added airlift 1000 because I have coil springs and it helped. beware when
driving on asphalt in right lane big trucks have wore two shallow valleys in asphalt and
when towing your rear tires are running up and down in the valleys which causes your
tv to wiggle and is amplified on your trailer. that has been my experience and when running on concrete you can compare. but above all, have good time

tootall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:43 PM   #32
Who Dares, Wins
Having used them I think you will find they will be a bandaid.. And end up spending the money on the 4 point anyways.. Maybe you can upgrade to the 4 point through the dealer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:47 PM   #33
Here is the towing chart from Ford for my truck....also checked with the local Ford dealer on towing capacities before I bought the TT.
papatioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 05:35 PM   #34
Look at your chart and the notes.. Here is what is says and the key is GAWR and GVWR. Did the Ford dealer ask for the tongue weight of the loaded trailer or just how much the trailer weighted. If he did NOT ask tongue weight he gave you bad information.

Trailer tongue (trailer king pin for 5th-wheel towing) load weight should be 10-15% (15-25% for 5th-wheel towing) of total loaded trailer weight. Make sure vehicle payload (reduce by
option weight) will accommodate trailer tongue (trailer king pin for 5th-wheel towing) load weight and weight of passengers and cargo added to towing vehicle. Addition of trailer tongue
(trailer king pin for 5th-wheel towing) load weight and weight of passengers and cargo cannot cause vehicle weights to exceed rear GAWR or GVWR. These ratings can be found on the
vehicle Safety Compliance Certification LabeL

I don't know if you are exceeding those weight but you need to bring to the scales and see where you are at.
2017 Solitude 310GK-R Pick Up Oct 24th.
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
Sold - 2014 Cougar SGS
Sold - 2013 Jay Flight TT
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 07:09 PM   #35
Just be careful that you don't spend a ton of money trying to make the F150 work, then ultimately have to go to a Superduty anyway, and lose most of those dollars. Many of us have done that....ahem,....
Let's see,..set of LT tires...$900, airbags....$400-$600, shocks upgrade $300, wd hitch...$ I don't know. However the wdh might be needed anyway.
I can envision easily spending a couple grand and after six months still want a heavy duty truck. And I would also say this..."IF" you go Superduty, look closely at the F350. Just a few bucks more, and provides lots of trailer options.

Ultimately you have to figure out what's right for your situation. I'm just offering food for thought.

Good luck either way.
2016 Ford F-350 Lariat CC, 4x4 SRW. B&W turnover with extender. 2015 CC Silverback 29RE, fitted with Reese Goose Box. Amateur Extra Class K5TS, 2016 nights camped 16
Davidg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 07:16 PM   #36
While my rig is no where as long as yours, I installed Firestone Air Bags 5K, and they helped tremendously on the bounce.
My TV is a Dodge Big Horn 1500, and the last trip I took was 2,000 miles via six state.
As mentioned before, will level the truck only and reduce the annoying bounce but will not add anything to what your TV is rated for.
Avan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 07:31 PM   #37
Originally Posted by papatioman View Post
Hello Happy Campers,

Recently purchased a 2016 Salem 36BHBS TT and my TV is a 2011 Ford F150 Eco Boost. Just returned from our maiden voyage of 750 miles. My WDH is a Fastaway 92-00-1000 E2 10,000lbs that I got the dealer to throw in and they did the setup. I had a few white knuckle moments when the big rigs were passing and I need to improve my setup. My original plan was to install rear helper springs on my TV to improve the bounce along with a CURT sway control on each side on the TT tongue. Recently I've been reading that the Equal-I-zer 4 point WDH is far superior to the E2 that I currently have. I have even read that with the 4 point WDH, no additional sway control is needed. Wanted to check to see if anyone else was pulling a long TT and to find out what setup they have.............thanks!
Papatioman- I'm looking at the photo of your setup, I have to ask, when taking a corner you ever take out any pedestrians or light standards.

Looks like there would be a lot of swing back there.

Just asking,

07- Classic 2500 LT CC 4x4 SB Duramax/Ally
13-320RLT Crusader TE
Reese 16K Kwik Slide/Prodigy brake contoller
Rupkin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 07:47 PM   #38
I think what you are missing is the tongue application and payload limit of the truck. These 2 things are just as important as the weight you can pull. Just because it say you can "pull" the weight does not mean that your truck can handle the payload added by that weight.

What is the payload rating of your truck? What does the yellow sticker say, do not go by the brochure or the pamplet the dealer gave you. Your specific payload limit is stated on the yellow sticker on your drivers door jam of the truck.
2015 Forest River EVO 2850
2012 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins
Yamaha 2k x 2 with parallel cable
EMS 30 PI portable w/ Edison plug

Nights Camped (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:00 PM   #39
I personally understand the nightmare realization of a 1/2 ton truck not being big enough to comfortably tow a travel trailer. After 2,000 miles of towing with our 1/2 ton, we traded a perfectly good truck for a much heavier F250. I cannot describe how much the shear mass of this new truck improved our overall towing experience. My only regret is not getting the F350 for its heavier leaf springs. The standard springs on the f250 are a little squashy. Wish you the very best!
2016 Micro Lite 25DKS, 2015 F250 6.2l Lariat 4x4 3.73's
rmillermtsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:31 PM   #40
I have a "heavy 1/2 ton" F150. Of the three things I did for sway, white knuckle driving, I believe LT tires was the most beneficial. "P" tires are a nightmare while towing. In addition, I have a Hensley Hitch (which I would not give up) and Firestone airbags.
Travel safe

2001 Ford F-350 Super Duty CC Dually, 7.3 Diesel
2013 832IKBS Flagstaff Classic Ultra Lite, Hensley Arrow Hitch, Carlisle tires
2016 days camped....211, it ain't over yet!
On the road to ALASKA May 6, home Sept. 13, 2016. 23 states, 3 Canadian Provinces, up to the Arctic Circle, 17,300 miles, 131 days on the road. 1 flat tire, 4 oil changes. What a beautiful trip!
FordHauler is offline   Reply With Quote