Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #1

Pullright 5th wheel hitch

Wondering what the option and reviews of anyone who goes with a pullright 16k 5th wheel hitch
Pullingpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #2

Love mine works as advertised
jalvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:03 AM   #3

HI!

I have an 18K in mine and it works great especially hooking up.

2004 Ford F550 6l Lariat SuperCrew, Fontaine Bed,
Link Systems Air Ride
2011 Sterling 32RL with Michelin XPS tires
extremebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #4
Site Team - Lou

ABSOLUTELY:
Love the hitch and the new "grease-less rails ROCK;
Love the clean bed when it is removed (Easy as Pie - 8 pins)
and love the company's customer service.

Tech support is AWESOME.

They walked me through the install and hand held me through the entire process. Service after the sale was benchmark.

MANY
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:07 AM   #5

herk7769 must be retired or has way to much spare time, has the best answers for everything----keep up the good work HERK! LOVE yur answers.............
hotrodj125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #6
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodj125 View Post
herk7769 must be retired or has way to much spare time, has the best answers for everything----keep up the good work HERK! LOVE yur answers.............
Yes to both.

Happy to be of "continued" service.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #7

I have had a 12 K Pullright since 2007 and it works great with my 5.5 ft. bed F150. Presently pulling a new Sterling 30RL and it works great. Be sure the hitch plate is welded to the fifth wheel hitch. Had one break loose once and took out the tail gate. Johnv
Johnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:49 AM   #8

Pullrite 18k

Love my hitch. Would also get Blue Ox Bed Saver for whatever hitch you get. The cost of bed saver is less then what insurance deductable are, with no down time on road. May want to look at Hijacker, it’s just like pullrite but you don’t need the special plate so you could pull your buddies or if your truck goes down anyone with can pull you without removing your plate. Dealer messed up my plate on trailer and then had to delay trip till he got plate. (2 days)
Traveling Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:06 AM   #9
Site Team - Lou

Since the "Bed Saver" was mentioned, I have to add that I spent some time thinking about adding it to my PullRite. It is an easy add as it bolts right onto the hitch plate carrier. The downside and why I nixed it was two fold.

1) The PullRite pin clamp is gigantic and about as positive as can be. It is also bright silver steel and you can easily see if the latch has moved completely around the pin and is on the other side of the plate. If it is there is no chance that your pin can "let go" to be caught by the bed saver. A peek after the positive "latch" sound to make sure you can see silver all the way across the pin is all that is required to ensure a safe and positive tow.

2) I use every inch of my bed with fuel cans; axle stands; and the generator. The Bed Saver (for the PullRite) is relatively large and of course moves with the hitch head as it turns. This would mean with my hitch, I would have to keep a clean bed all around the hitch and potentially preclude keeping my generator in there.

A many standard type 5th wheel hitches have a "pinch" type pin clamp that "possibly" could "let go" if not completely latched closed and my be hard or impossible to see. They also do not pivot and so the bed saver will only occupy the area directly behind the hitch.

As to the "capture plate" that goes on the pin, not all bolt on. In fact a call to the factory from the dealer (I requested it) about your needs will let them mount a pin box that has a clamp on style capture plate that is held on with a nylon block and set screw. If your buddy or a tow truck needs to move your camper, only one Allen key set screw is needed to remove the plate.

The capture plate guide I have is old and they most likely have additional pin boxes now. If you are unlucky enough to need to have a permanently mounted capture plate, PullRite has an adapter that you can carry to convert your pin box/hitch to a standard one. Most garages that will provide your tow carry them, but I would buy one just to make sure.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pullrite Capture Plate.pdf (211.1 KB, 67 views)
File Type: pdf UCP.pdf (549.7 KB, 57 views)
File Type: pdf 16K SG Owner's Manual 09-01-05.pdf (661.2 KB, 4460 views)
File Type: pdf www.pullrite.com INSTALL_SG.pdf (391.7 KB, 50 views)
File Type: pdf 3336 Kingpin Converter 4-26-06.pdf (43.0 KB, 53 views)
Old 06-23-2012, 08:39 AM   #10

Follow up
This hitch is simple and easy to hitch .... And love engineering of this hitch .. One less thing to worry about when your hitched and put in tight quarters !
All those with a short bed this is worth the extra no to mention that 4 pins and I have a clear bed with no rails
Pullingpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:44 AM   #11

Glad it worked well for you. I love our SuperGlide, just hook up and forget it, it takes care of everything else.

Glenn & Beth (Dad & Mom)
David & Audra (16 year old twins)
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (Adventure & Tow Vehicle)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS (Home away from Home)
Glenn5995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #12
Site Team - Lou

I also love the ability not to worry about passengers in the back seats of my Crew Cab if involved in a jack knife accident. Since it rotates the camper aft without input from the driver, it will move the camper aft and avoid cab contact even in a 90 degree jack knife mishap.

Tags
5th wheel, led pad