Old 08-29-2012, 07:56 PM   #1

pullrite 5th wheel

was wondering if anyone can give me any insight on the operation of their pullrite hitch. I have the 4100 superglide installed in my truck and was reading the procedure manual and it seems to be a little complex. Is it easier than it seems?? New to a fifth wheel. I am hoping it is just nerves getting to me. Picking up our new 34tbok on Saturday and departing with my Puma tow behind. any info would be great. Thanks!!

Old 08-29-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

I have the 3300.
What would you like to know?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11e3_12.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	18871   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hitch Lock.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	18872  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 3601 Plate Expl.pdf (185.7 KB, 64 views)
File Type: pdf Important Lubrication Bulletin - SuperGlide.pdf (30.0 KB, 51 views)
File Type: pdf 16K SG Owner's Manual 09-01-05.pdf (661.2 KB, 45 views)

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookiecamper
was wondering if anyone can give me any insight on the operation of their pullrite hitch. I have the 4100 superglide installed in my truck and was reading the procedure manual and it seems to be a little complex. Is it easier than it seems?? New to a fifth wheel. I am hoping it is just nerves getting to me. Picking up our new 34tbok on Saturday and departing with my Puma tow behind. any info would be great. Thanks!!
I have the 15k Superglide and it works great. You have to take your time when hooking up as you will need to position your TV and the king pin of the camper exactly lined up and then back the TV slowly to slightly pick up the camper in order for the jaws to lock around the king pin. Make certain you have chocks behind the camper wheels. I also recommend plugging the camper to the TV so you will have the camper brakes to help block the camper. Double check that the jaws are locked around the king pin before pulling out.

Be certain to keep the rails of the hitched properly lubricated. I use WD40. It is easy to apply and reapply. I always spray more WD40 whenever we stop for diesel, bathroom breaks, etc. Your warranty will be voided if you do not keep the rails lubricated.

You will be fine. Enjoy your new fiver!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #4

@ herk the hooking and unhooking seems to be tedious. I thought you could unhook at any angle but it reads no more than 16 degrees. Think its going to be change from hooking up tow behind but I am told it is easier. Is this true??
Old 08-29-2012, 10:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookiecamper
@ herk the hooking and unhooking seems to be tedious. I thought you could unhook at any angle but it reads no more than 16 degrees. Think its going to be change from hooking up tow behind but I am told it is easier. Is this true??
You can hook up at 16 degrees, as long as the angle is no more than 16 deg. It is much easier to be exactly lined up. I have not had a tow behind, so I cannot comment on which one is easier.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:37 PM   #6
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookiecamper View Post
Yes. The reason for the limitation is due to the fact that the hitch head does not rotate. You are limited in the approach angle so that the wedge that cams the hitch rearward will enter the slot. Since you have the same limitation on disconnect, hooking up is no harder than unhooking.

What I like best is the positive retention of the pin by completely enclosing the entire pin with the lock. Once closed, it is impossible to accidently open.
You must positively retract the lock.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Includes Mounting plates.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	18882   Click image for larger version

Name:	Camper and Ohio AF Museum 2012 006.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	18884   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0527.jpg