Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #1

Question about WDH

I'm about to make the jump to an Equalizer and part ways with my 2 year old Reese round bar set up. Being a newbie I suppose the dealer got over on me first by selling me 1K pound bars for a 10k GVWR trailer and second for only adding a single friction sway controller. After reading this forum I debated on whether to go Equalizer or just add dual cam. Since I felt at the max for my spring bars and dual cam looked complicated for a moron like me, I found a hell of a deal on a used Equalizer in the local Craigslist adds. Bought a one year old 12K pound Equalizer setup for a whopping 100$. Only thing wrong with it is a little surface rust that I plan on touching up. My main question is when I remove the bolted on plate that the friction sway control attaches to on my trailer frame, should I put the self tapping screws back in so I don't leave uncovered holes in the frame?
phone man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Craig,

You will not be disappointed with your equalizer. I loved mine and had/have the same setup you do (12K). We rented for a year before we bought the 5th wheel.

Don't forget to check the torque on those arm nuts every time you move the bars.

I would put some frame colored rustoleum in the holes. Whether you put the screws back in or not is up to you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Equal-I-Zer Hitch installation.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	11341   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailite hooked up.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	11342  
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote