Old 06-05-2016, 06:53 AM   #31

Seems like a trip to the scales is in order..... Maybe heavier bars? Not sure if they can be swapped out on that hitch.

2016 - 47 nights
2017 - 47 nights
LandJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 07:47 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandJ View Post
Seems like a trip to the scales is in order..... Maybe heavier bars? Not sure if they can be swapped out on that hitch.
Should be able to swap bars out being its a reese. On my reese head I can run 500 bars up to 1700 bars . That's the nice part I like about reese over my Equalizer hitch.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:01 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
If the tension on your bars is low enough to snap the hooks up without a tool you are not redistributing any weight to the other axles. This means pretty much all the tongue weight is on the hitch.
Now, if your tongue weight is below the weight carrying rating of the hitch, you are good to go, if it is over, you need the WDH to move weight to the front and trailer axles.
The Big Issue if he can "put on the chains Without raising the TT/TV,or using a leverage bar" They have "NO SWAY CONTROL" at all! Let alone NO W/D! This is in reply to the "Piggy Back Post",not the OP! To the OP,since you Raised the 150 2" in the Front you are going to need "BIG BARS" to bring this all together for a PROPER setup or start all over with your Truck leveling Issues! Youroo!!
Old 06-05-2016, 08:08 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrob1161 View Post
Have you weighed your trailer? You should be 10% heavier in the front than in the rear.
I'm not sure how you would go about figuring out how much the front of TT weighs vs the rear of TT? I know tounge weight shoukd be between 10-15% of total TW.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:05 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjm View Post
Yes the leveling kit will tend to cause your truck to sit nose high regardless of how well your weight distribution is set up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Since it does look like the head is fully extended rearward, I wonder if the 2 inch receiver is level, or if the receiver starts out angled a bit with front lower than the rear?

I agree it looks like head is set at full rearward, yet it is not angled rearward. Maybe put level along the axis of the receiver and see if that may be a factor. Certainly sound like that should be a sufficiently heavy hitch.

Of course hitting the cat scale to be sure the tongue weight is not way too heavy would be a good plan. And I would forget all the fancy math and just out the tongue jack right on the scale pad to be most accurate.
Old 06-05-2016, 02:23 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom48 View Post
Since it does look like the head is fully extended rearward, I wonder if the 2 inch receiver is level, or if the receiver starts out angled a bit with front lower than the rear?

I agree it looks like head is set at full rearward, yet it is not angled rearward. Maybe put level along the axis of the receiver and see if that may be a factor. Certainly sound like that should be a sufficiently heavy hitch.

Of course hitting the cat scale to be sure the tongue weight is not way too heavy would be a good plan. And I would forget all the fancy math and just out the tongue jack right on the scale pad to be most accurate.
Here's a better pic of my hitch ball angle. After looking at this pic let me know if you think it should still be tilted down more?

Old 06-05-2016, 03:46 PM   #37

I don't have a leveling kit but have the same hitch as yours, setup just like yours, with the same problem. Not enough tilt back. I run on the 4th link at 800lbs tongue weight and 1200lb bars. My front TV axle comes in at 2880lbs. Almost equal to the unloaded weight. Rear is 2900lbs...about 760lbs heavier than unloaded.

Looks like your leveling kit angles your ball back a little more than mine does.

Years camping....52
dbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:48 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillips View Post
Here's a better pic of my hitch ball angle. After looking at this pic let me know if you think it should still be tilted down more?

No that is about Max "Rear Tilt"! Youroo!!
Old 06-05-2016, 03:53 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarr View Post
I don't have a leveling kit but have the same hitch as yours, setup just like yours, with the same problem. Not enough tilt back. I run on the 4th link at 800lbs tongue weight and 1200lb bars. My front TV axle comes in at 2880lbs. Almost equal to the unloaded weight. Rear is 2900lbs...about 760lbs heavier than unloaded.

Looks like your leveling kit angles your ball back a little more than mine does.
Nice to hear from someone who can relate to the same issue. Have you had any issues with using 4 links under tension? I know reese recommends minimum 5 links but I'm thinking I'm also gonna try the 4 links.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:54 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillips View Post
That's what I have now is 1/4" higher in front then without TT hooked up.
I'm not sure about actual weight of TT . I know it's dry weight is 6000lbs, So I can't imagine the loaded weight being any more then 7500 lbs. My hitch is rated for 15000lbs and spring bars are rated for 1200 lbs.

This is the Pic that puzzle's Me,did you weld additional length on this head? It sure looks "NON Factory"! Youroo!!