Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #1

Quick question about eaz lift hitch

I will be selling my Salem 27rbc soon. The hitch system is an EazLift 600/6000 WDH. I want to get a bigger and heavier camper. Maybe 34ft with slides. I was thinking I'd throw in the hitch with the deal because I figured that hitch is rated for that camper and it wouldn't do me much good for the new one because I'd have to upgrade to a heavier hitch. Am I correct in this line of thinking? Do I need to buy a new hitch? Or is it just the bars that are rated at 600/6000lbs. and need to be replaced.

John N.
Madison Heights, Mi.
2009 Salem LE 27RBEC
2013 F250 Lariat 6.2L
Leathergypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #2

Sell the hitch with the trailer and you will need a heavier one. You need to look at the trailer max loaded weight and meet or exceed it with the tow head. Your bars need to be equal to or greater than tongue weight
Dabmeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #3

If its the eaz lift that I have, all that is needed is to swap the spring bars for ones rated for your heavier TT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabmeb View Post
Sell the hitch with the trailer and you will need a heavier one. You need to look at the trailer max loaded weight and meet or exceed it with the tow head. Your bars need to be equal to or greater than tongue weight

-Bill Thomas
Palomino Solaire 317 BHSK
billt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #4

If your tow head is only rated for 6000 and the trailer gross weight is above that then the head is too light.
Eg my crossroads has a gross of 11,600 so I have a 14,000# easy lift and 1200# bars, never loaded more than 8,000# , they were out of 12,000# heads as that would have been enough.
My 2608ws has a gross of 6700# and a 10,000# head was the next closest but only needed 800# bars as we are 6000# loaded.
You need to list your max allowable weight and figure out your max tonque wieght then you need to have a hitch and bars to exceed those numbers.
Dabmeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #5

Hey thanx for the input! I appreciate it!

John N.
Madison Heights, Mi.
2009 Salem LE 27RBEC
2013 F250 Lariat 6.2L
Leathergypsy is offline   Reply With Quote