Old 07-14-2016, 08:33 AM   #11
How many of you are members of TDR (Turbo Diesel This is a web site that is dedicated to Ram/Cummins trucks with loads of information for the trucks and diesel engines. Which can answer your technical questions and any CELs questions that you may have on your truck. This is not a site were people will put you down for asking questions on your trucks, with several posters either have worked for Ram/Cummins or dealers. You can read the threads and see the responses, but you can not post unless you are a member.

I have been a member since I purchased my truck in Nov. 2007, and this is the best $35 a year that I spend on my truck.

Jim W.
2016 34RL CC; 2008 Ram Mega Cab 2500HD, 6.7L, 68RFE 6 speed, 4X4, Smarty S67
Jim34RL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:52 AM   #12
Should have referenced this thread in the "3/4 ton gas vs diesel " thread.

Contrary to some, there can be issues with diesels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 12:17 PM   #13
Originally Posted by ChooChooMan74 View Post
P20EE was common on the 14 EcoDiesels. They basically replaced all the 14's SCRs. Not saying that your SCR will be replaced, but it may need to be.

Now, what have you been running for DEF? Has it been sitting in the tank for long? I understand that the big trucks have smaller DEF tanks than the small trucks. If I am not traveling much, I will put a little in as needed. If I am traveling a lot, then I will fill up at the truck stop.
I've been using the Tech brand from Wally World, and have been keeping it full. Several mentions in my research say that it deteriorates faster in high temperatures. It is just below full right now, but my gauge is not accurate, apparently. Last time it was at this level, I took a trip and decided to top it off. It took a full 2.5 gallon bottle of the stuff and never looked back. So from now on I'm going to not add until it gets near empty, and only add 2.5 gallons at a time.

And......... the check-engine idiot light has not come back, so I doubt that it will.

And, I have 110 days until I get to retire from being a choo-choo man, myself. (not that I'm counting)

J & D in Lovely Weatherford, TX
2016 Jayco White Hawk 28DSBH TT
2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4X4 6.7L Cummins
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote