Old 03-27-2015, 07:31 PM   #11

Your truck has more payload capacity than mine (is yours 2 wheel drive? Mine's 4x4). You might be in good shape without airbags. Without them my headlights were always a little high.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostpatriot1974 View Post
I have been lurking in this forum for about 2 weeks now. I have, at great lengths, researched my vehicle's towing numbers/capacities. Honestly, reading through a lot of the "can my vehicle tow this" threads have me wondering if I can safely put a lawnmower into the rear of my HD Cummins equipped truck. I have a Wildcat 312QBX on order and arriving late April. I am looking for anyone who has this rig, towing it with a Ram 2500 that can tell me their towing experience with said vehicle. Not looking for advice on weights, looking for experience towing with said vehicle or similarly equipped, towing said RV or similarly equipped. That trailer has a dry weight of 9400#'s with GVW running up to 13775 I believe. Thanks much for any input.

You didn't mention the year or rear gear ratio but, this is what I have; 2011 Dodge RAM 2500 6.7 TD SB w/3.73 gears and airbags set at 12 lbs. and a 16k Husky slider, towing a 2014 Sanibel 3250 (12,460 dry, 2,475 pin, GVW 15,440). We are full timers and I have never been to any scales but have towed it up and down the east coast (so far) with no problems. The truck has plenty of power and the tow/haul mode coupled with the engine brake keep the "beast" under control when stopping and decending hills. Stability while cruising and being passed by other larger rigs is suprisingly smooth, hardly any movement. The integrated brake controller and engine brake make stopping easy. Just remember you still need extra space pulling that heavy.

Hope this helps.

rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:46 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozen View Post
Your truck has more payload capacity than mine (is yours 2 wheel drive? Mine's 4x4). You might be in good shape without airbags. Without them my headlights were always a little high.
4x4, short box, SLT.. Actually the blackout edition, so not sure if it's an SLT or a Laramie. Same numbers for either though. I'm going off the Diesel Supplement to the owner's manual... I have also seen payload numbers for it that say 2200 based on a chart... I'm going off the owner's manual. I am looking at the possibility of bags, but not pulling the trigger until I see the squat...
Old 03-27-2015, 07:51 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
You didn't mention the year or rear gear ratio but, this is what I have; 2011 Dodge RAM 2500 6.7 TD SB w/3.73 gears and airbags set at 12 lbs. and a 16k Husky slider, towing a 2014 Sanibel 3250 (12,460 dry, 2,475 pin, GVW 15,440). We are full timers and I have never been to any scales but have towed it up and down the east coast (so far) with no problems. The truck has plenty of power and the tow/haul mode coupled with the engine brake keep the "beast" under control when stopping and decending hills. Stability while cruising and being passed by other larger rigs is suprisingly smooth, hardly any movement. The integrated brake controller and engine brake make stopping easy. Just remember you still need extra space pulling that heavy.

Hope this helps.

Mine is a 2014, 6.7 liter with 3.42 rear end. I am impressed with the exhaust brake coupled with tow/haul mode. I tow a light TT right now and probably overkill to use tow/haul. Integrated trailer brake is a ++++. Your trailer is certainly heavier, thanks for your input!
Old 03-27-2015, 07:55 PM   #15

Quote:
4x4, short box, SLT.. Actually the blackout edition, so not sure if it's an SLT or a Laramie. Same numbers for either though. I'm going off the Diesel Supplement to the owner's manual... I have also seen payload numbers for it that say 2200 based on a chart... I'm going off the owner's manual. I am looking at the possibility of bags, but not pulling the trigger until I see the squat...

Yeah, sorry, I forgot some info, I also have a 4X4 SLT Crew Cab. I too may not have needed the bags hence they're only set 2 lbs above minimum (maybe that 2 lbs keeps it from bottoming out on large bumps & dips). By the numbers you show for the trailer, I would say you shouldn't have any issues.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:08 PM   #16

^^^ Sorry, crew cab here as well. I was concerned about exceeding GVWR. If I was exceeding more than this I would be more concerned, hence my seaarch for real world experience. Thanks all thus far for the input.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:14 PM   #17
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post

Hope this helps.
To the OP, I have the same truck as rracer5, I run Firestone Ride rite airbags, and have a Pullrite auto slider hitch pulling a 2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6. My trailer is lighter than rracer5's rig, and I have not had a single issue. I towed from SC to Goshen last year up through WV and had plenty of reserve power and never felt out of control going down hill with the exhaust brake. Truck performed very well. The only difference in rracer5's truck and mine is that mine is a Laramie. I bought it used with 22K, and it was DPF, EGR, and EGC deleted. I set it in tow mode and leave it alone. I think you will be just fine. Enjoy
2016-(32) 2017-13
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:44 PM   #18

I will add that my truck was weighed with Pullrite auto slider installed. That is a big sob...
Old 03-27-2015, 08:48 PM   #19
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
I will add that my truck was weighed with Pullrite auto slider installed. That is a big sob...
But it works great, and it's nothing that Ram can't handle
2016-(32) 2017-13
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:48 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombDoc View Post
To the OP, I have the same truck as rracer5, I run Firestone Ride rite airbags, and have a Pullrite auto slider hitch pulling a 2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6. My trailer is lighter than rracer5's rig, and I have not had a single issue. I towed from SC to Goshen last year up through WV and had plenty of reserve power and never felt out of control going down hill with the exhaust brake. Truck performed very well. The only difference in rracer5's truck and mine is that mine is a Laramie. I bought it used with 22K, and it was DPF, EGR, and EGC deleted. I set it in tow mode and leave it alone. I think you will be just fine. Enjoy
I think your trailer is the same if not close to the weights of the Wildcat I am looking at... Dry according to the factory that is.

Tags
500, towing