Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2015, 06:25 AM   #1

reese 20K and revolution

Hello to all ... I have a reese 20K hitch that I use on my 09 2500HD GMC and a 2013 rockwood 8280WS and the revolution pin box. The problem is getting the hitch to release. I have no trouble hitching up and I love the way it tows, very quiet. It is very difficult to release on level ground and almost impossible on uneven ground. The only help I got from reese was a new wedge and to apply lots of grease. The jaws are jammed in tight on the passenger side and free on the other. I rock the truck and raise and lower the landing gear with no help. the only way to release is to put a prybar between the jaws and pry them open while someone is pulling on the handle.
I have talked to another hitch company (B&W) and they suggest I use the Patriot RVK3255 and all my troubles go away!
I don't know who to believe or what to do. maybe someone else has had the same problem and could help. do I spend another $850 and go with the Patriot or stick with what I have? at 72 years old I am getting very tired of this.

thanks for any help
SALVI
salvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:00 AM   #2

I would take a video of what the hitch is doing and have Reese fix the hitch or give you your money back
iceblaze580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:12 AM   #3

Reese has been great on their customer service with me. I would do as suggested and send them a short video. They surely have a fix.
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote