Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2014, 04:20 PM   #1

Reese/Draw-Tite hitch question

Hi all..

First poster but long time RV'er

After many years of saving so I could pay cash for a new trailer on my retirement, the day has finally happened. I pick up my new Flagstaff 27RLWS on Thursday. I am upgrading from a Layton 220 that I have owned for about 20 years. When I bought that trailer, I purchased a WD hitch which still has Draw-Tite labels on the spring bars, and having googled the brand it appears to be very similar to the current Reese RB3 Pro series. (round bar)

Now my question is this. My old hitch has 750 lb spring bars and I would like to go up to 1200's. Any one know if new Draw-Tite/Reese bars will fit my old head, or should I order a whole new hitch. I currently have no anti-sway, and sure want to add this feature. Don't have time to bring one in before I pick up the Flagstaff, but I think the old hitch will get me home. (11 hr drive on Interstate). Not supposed to be windy this week, and I have been hauling 8500 lbs of horses & trailer with it for 17 yrs.

My TV is a 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Heavy Duty 4x4 full crew cab with no mileage on it. It too has been waiting on my retirement.

Harv & Debbie
Cloverleaf , Manitoba, Canada
Devilscreekw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:24 PM   #2
Grape Escape

Reese Drawtight are identical just different labels. Not sure about 20 year old stuff.
Check at dealer would be best option.
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch