Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2012, 07:47 PM   #1

reese revolution

I park my trailer in a very tight space. Can anyone tell me about their experience with the reese revolution hitch. does it make a big difference ? I now have to use a slide hitch .
Thanks Steve
jeffscuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:00 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffscuda View Post
I park my trailer in a very tight space. Can anyone tell me about their experience with the reese revolution hitch. does it make a big difference ? I now have to use a slide hitch .
Thanks Steve
I have the Reese Revolution and tow with a hard cover tonneau cover on and have no problem getting into tight parking spaces. I originally had a slider before activating the Revolution. Towed it home from the dealer with the slider and went back the next day and had it taken out and the Revolution activated. Really like being able to have the bed completely covered. Does cause some interesting glances while towing and especially when pulling into a campground. Another advantage is the hitch lock, etc is hidden from prying eyes and mischevious hands even tho' it is locked.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:49 AM   #3

Why does it cause interesting glances ? how does it look different.
thanks for your responce
jeffscuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #4
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffscuda View Post
Why does it cause interesting glances ? how does it look different.
thanks for your responce
People haven't seen a truck pulling a fifth wheel with a full cover tonneau cover in place. It is not a very common sight. I have only seen 3 in 72 yrs.,2of them were mine and the 3rd was on this forum on another one. My first one was an 81 ElCamino with a 24' Alumalite 5th wheel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Driver side.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	21263  
Old 11-01-2012, 10:20 AM   #5

So did you custom make that, or buy it like that? I'm guessing you made it, MacGyver
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len & Cheri View Post
So did you custom make that, or buy it like that? I'm guessing you made it, MacGyver
Bought the Undercover tonneau cover on Craigslist $70 and then did all the cutting and additions to it to make it all fit back together so it would work like it normally would. I have another one I gave around $800 for when new and just couldn't bring myself to cut it up in case it didn't work. To hook up or unhook I just take the driverside half off as well as the section behind the pinbox and either hook up or unhook. If we are staying for awhile, I put the pinbox section back in and have a complete cover that works just like a normal one.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:28 PM   #7

I have a Reese 5th Airborne sidewinder and it is worth it's weight in gold. I tow with a 06 Duramax extended cab short wheel base, when I had the stock pin box I was only to turn about 75 degrees before I would hit the cab. With the sidewinder I can jackknife the trailer at 90 degrees and it still has a few inches of clearance. I also park mine in a tight spot and having the sidewinder has made it easier to park.
2006 Polaris H.O. 500EFI Sportsman
1996 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
jlbreaux is offline   Reply With Quote