Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2014, 08:18 PM   #21
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceg1954 View Post
the gap in your revolution looks the same as mine. I have also had the problem with the creaking noise when turning. I tried to spray it with silicone and white lithium grease but it didn't work so what I did was to remove the large castle nut and remove the truck side of the pivot. this exposed the large pin that the hitch pivots on. I coated that with chassis grease and reassembled unit. I torqued the large castle nut to 80ftlb then turned it to align the next hole in the castle nut. After doing this it never creaked again. I don't think that the manufacturer lubricates them at the factory.
As I said before, I had mine looked at in Goshen last year and it turns out the 2 men that worked on mine were the design engineers that designed it. The removed the castle nut and worked the pin box down about 2", cleaned the 2 flat surfaces and wiped it with lithium grease and told me to NEVER lube the pivot pin as it was not to ever be lubed. Don't know why, but that's what they both said very emphatically. In fact they said it several times when I questioned them. They re-tightened everything and I've never heard a peep out of it since.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:23 PM   #22
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaron View Post
I looked at your pics again and am wondering about clearances when you turn. Obviously it's NOT a problem, but I don't understand why. It looks like you cut the cover really tight to the pin box sides (if that's what you call it).
It's got 2" clearance on the sides which allows it to tilt and still not touch the tonneau cover.