Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #1

Reese Revolution Question

Hello forum,

We have just purchased a new 8260 Rockwood and am pulling it with a F150 5.4
with 6 1/2 foot bed. I have my Hi Jacker slider hitch still from previous 5th wheel. Question is, Can I still keep my slider and activate the Reese? I am not concerned about making more box space but was wondering about ease of turning in tight spots and parking.
Also does your weight distribution move back or stay over the hitch? I have watched some utube videos but can't quite rap my head around this one. Any help here appreciated
Judal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #2
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judal View Post
Hello forum,

We have just purchased a new 8260 Rockwood and am pulling it with a F150 5.4
with 6 1/2 foot bed. I have my Hi Jacker slider hitch still from previous 5th wheel. Question is, Can I still keep my slider and activate the Reese? I am not concerned about making more box space but was wondering about ease of turning in tight spots and parking.
Also does your weight distribution move back or stay over the hitch? I have watched some utube videos but can't quite rap my head around this one. Any help here appreciated
Would lock the slider and activate the Revolution. WD does not move, just the trailer pivot which moves back 22". Beautiful device.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #3

Ok, Sounds good. I guess I should put the slider hitch forward as far as it will go, and then install the wedge? Thanks

2013 8260WS Rockwood
F150 4X4 - 5.4 V8
Judal is offline   Reply With Quote