Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #71
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc

20" to the rear to be exact.
Lol see I knew you'd have it down to the inch!
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #72
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Lol see I knew you'd have it down to the inch!
4" means a lot. even 2"

Just re-read the manual it is 20" on a regular Sidewinder replacement hitch and 22" on the Reese Revolution like is the factory install, according to the manual.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #73
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Sidewinder in affect moves your pivot point rearward in bed to simulate a slider hitch in maneuver position.
Instead of the camper pivoting at the hitch it pivots 2 foot back under the pin box.
This help?
Thanks to you all that have provided imformation about the Sidewinder. I know now a bit more about them than before.

As I said earlier - I don't have an opinion, good or bad , about them, but decided to ask some questions.

I am still glad I have the Husky - no more than necessary moving parts and simple operation.

Once again - thanks.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:17 PM   #74
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Thanks to you all that have provided imformation about the Sidewinder. I know now a bit more about them than before... no more than necessary moving parts and simple operation.
Once again - thanks.
But, you have a slider, whether you need it or not, which we don't have, so you have more parts than needed with the Sidewinder.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #75
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
But, you have a slider, whether you need it or not, which we don't have, so you have more parts than needed with the Sidewinder.
If by saying I have a slider, you mean I can move the hitch plate fore and aft, then you are correct.

But to do that, I would have to remove the bed rail pins, move the hitch plate assembly fore or aft and reinstall the bed rail pins. I never anticipate having to do that with my present combination of TV and FW.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:16 PM   #76
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
If by saying I have a slider, you mean I can move the hitch plate fore and aft, then you are correct.

But to do that, I would have to remove the bed rail pins, move the hitch plate assembly fore or aft and reinstall the bed rail pins. I never anticipate having to do that with my present combination of TV and FW.
My mistake, I thought you had the 16K S EZ ROLLER. Looking at the instruction manual on the 16ks, I don't see any means to lock the hitch to prevent some scoundrel from moving it into the unhitch mode.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #77
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
My mistake, I thought you had the 16K S EZ ROLLER. Looking at the instruction manual on the 16ks, I don't see any means to lock the hitch to prevent some scoundrel from moving it into the unhitch mode.
Thanks for clearing this up - you just saved me from having to look in my Husky manual to see what you were talking about. Yes I have the Husky 16 KS hitch.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #78
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,336
Mine just has a lever that I guess I have to move for and aft to slide but I have yet to move it .
I use it to dry out my beer koozies when there wet
Click image for larger version

Name:	30096.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	16744
Click image for larger version

Name:	img2.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	16745
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #79
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Mine just has a lever that I guess I have to move for and aft to slide but I have yet to move it .
I use it to dry out my beer koozies when there wet
Attachment 16744
Attachment 16745
Similar to mine except I just have one pull handle (your top one). if I have to move the whole assembly, I have to remove 4 pins that attach the hitch plate assembly to the bed rails.

Do you have some sort of green pin that protudes when you are properly engaged?

PS - a man of your standing really needs to drink a better beer than that "Colorado Kool Aid" junk.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #80
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Similar to mine except I just have one pull handle (your top one). if I have to move the whole assembly, I have to remove 4 pins that attach the hitch plate assembly to the bed rails.

Do you have some sort of green pin that protudes when you are properly engaged?

PS - a man of your standing really needs to drink a better beer than that "Colorado Kool Aid" junk.
And no way to lock them in the latched position? If I didn't have the tonneau cover on mine plus the locking feature, that would scare me that some jerk would somehow move the lever into the unlatch position and me being infected with CRS wouldn't notice it and drive off with the 5er tearing the heck out of itself and my old broken down truck.

BTW, that Colorado Kool Aid is OK, just don't use very much of it. Maybe a 6pak in the last 30 yrs.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 AM.