Old 07-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #71
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc

20" to the rear to be exact.
Lol see I knew you'd have it down to the inch!

Old 07-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #72
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Lol see I knew you'd have it down to the inch!
4" means a lot. even 2"

Just re-read the manual it is 20" on a regular Sidewinder replacement hitch and 22" on the Reese Revolution like is the factory install, according to the manual.

Old 07-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #73
B47

Quote:
Sidewinder in affect moves your pivot point rearward in bed to simulate a slider hitch in maneuver position.
Instead of the camper pivoting at the hitch it pivots 2 foot back under the pin box.
This help?
Thanks to you all that have provided imformation about the Sidewinder. I know now a bit more about them than before.

As I said earlier - I don't have an opinion, good or bad , about them, but decided to ask some questions.

I am still glad I have the Husky - no more than necessary moving parts and simple operation.

Once again - thanks.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:17 PM   #74
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Thanks to you all that have provided imformation about the Sidewinder. I know now a bit more about them than before... no more than necessary moving parts and simple operation.
Once again - thanks.
But, you have a slider, whether you need it or not, which we don't have, so you have more parts than needed with the Sidewinder.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #75
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
But, you have a slider, whether you need it or not, which we don't have, so you have more parts than needed with the Sidewinder.
If by saying I have a slider, you mean I can move the hitch plate fore and aft, then you are correct.

But to do that, I would have to remove the bed rail pins, move the hitch plate assembly fore or aft and reinstall the bed rail pins. I never anticipate having to do that with my present combination of TV and FW.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:16 PM   #76
Mod free 5er

Quote:
If by saying I have a slider, you mean I can move the hitch plate fore and aft, then you are correct.

But to do that, I would have to remove the bed rail pins, move the hitch plate assembly fore or aft and reinstall the bed rail pins. I never anticipate having to do that with my present combination of TV and FW.
My mistake, I thought you had the 16K S EZ ROLLER. Looking at the instruction manual on the 16ks, I don't see any means to lock the hitch to prevent some scoundrel from moving it into the unhitch mode.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #77
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
My mistake, I thought you had the 16K S EZ ROLLER. Looking at the instruction manual on the 16ks, I don't see any means to lock the hitch to prevent some scoundrel from moving it into the unhitch mode.
Thanks for clearing this up - you just saved me from having to look in my Husky manual to see what you were talking about. Yes I have the Husky 16 KS hitch.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #78
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Mine just has a lever that I guess I have to move for and aft to slide but I have yet to move it .
I use it to dry out my beer koozies when there wet
Click image for larger version

Name:	30096.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	16744
Click image for larger version

Name:	img2.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	16745
Old 07-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #79
B47

Quote:
Mine just has a lever that I guess I have to move for and aft to slide but I have yet to move it .
I use it to dry out my beer koozies when there wet
Attachment 16744
Attachment 16745
Similar to mine except I just have one pull handle (your top one). if I have to move the whole assembly, I have to remove 4 pins that attach the hitch plate assembly to the bed rails.

Do you have some sort of green pin that protudes when you are properly engaged?

PS - a man of your standing really needs to drink a better beer than that "Colorado Kool Aid" junk.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #80
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Similar to mine except I just have one pull handle (your top one). if I have to move the whole assembly, I have to remove 4 pins that attach the hitch plate assembly to the bed rails.

Do you have some sort of green pin that protudes when you are properly engaged?

PS - a man of your standing really needs to drink a better beer than that "Colorado Kool Aid" junk.
And no way to lock them in the latched position? If I didn't have the tonneau cover on mine plus the locking feature, that would scare me that some jerk would somehow move the lever into the unlatch position and me being infected with CRS wouldn't notice it and drive off with the 5er tearing the heck out of itself and my old broken down truck.

BTW, that Colorado Kool Aid is OK, just don't use very much of it. Maybe a 6pak in the last 30 yrs.