Old 09-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #11
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post
I have to ask, since I don't know. Is the Sidewinder hitch similar to, or the same as, the Reese Revolution hitch?
They are the same style, just different configuration. Reese Revolution is on the new Flagstaff & Rockwood trailers and the Sidewinder is a replacement that can be purchased and fitted to other trailers.

Old 09-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #12

sidewinder vs. revolution

wasn't sure, so I googled revolution and watched video....... looks the same as mine, or close anyway.......the hitch moves the pivot of the 5th wheel about 22" back so u have room with sharp turns and no chance of the trailer hitting your cab with short bed pickups......... I do wish I had gotten the "air born"....... an air bag to soften the ride.......... ya old coot (lol) my model of sidewinder has 4 bolts connecting at the pivot point....... I guess I could hitch up at any angle, but I would be afraid of putting side pressure on the jacks...... when I got our trailer, I had a '08 gmc, 4 door with the 6.0 gas motor...... got 6.5 mpg, was pretty easy to talk my wife into a diesel...... got a '11 ford 4x4 with the 6.7, now I have to be careful, I forget I'm pullin' a trailer and get 12 mpg towing and 19/20 mpg empty on highway :-)

Old 09-26-2013, 06:05 PM   #13
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtx View Post
wasn't sure, so I googled revolution and watched video....... looks the same as mine, or close anyway.......the hitch moves the pivot of the 5th wheel about 22" back so u have room with sharp turns and no chance of the trailer hitting your cab with short bed pickups......... I do wish I had gotten the "air born"....... an air bag to soften the ride.......... ya old coot (lol) my model of sidewinder has 4 bolts connecting at the pivot point....... I guess I could hitch up at any angle, but I would be afraid of putting side pressure on the jacks...... when I got our trailer, I had a '08 gmc, 4 door with the 6.0 gas motor...... got 6.5 mpg, was pretty easy to talk my wife into a diesel...... got a '11 ford 4x4 with the 6.7, now I have to be careful, I forget I'm pullin' a trailer and get 12 mpg towing and 19/20 mpg empty on highway :-)
They both move the pivot back 22". I installed shocks on the trailer and softened the ride on the trailer itself and stopped the motion transfer to the truck also. Love the shocks.