Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 129
Remote Start

I have a 2012 Chevy 2500 with factory remote start that I have a question about and thought before talking to the dealer would ask here first.

I've had other cars with remote start that I was able to set the heater to run while the car was warming up, but on this truck the heater doesn't run until I get in the truck and put the key in the ignition and turn it to the on position, kinda defeating the purpose of the remote start to begin with.

I'm thinking it's a programming issue and will have to go to the dealer for a fix or is this just how it is?
__________________

__________________
latner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by latner View Post
I have a 2012 Chevy 2500 with factory remote start that I have a question about and thought before talking to the dealer would ask here first.

I've had other cars with remote start that I was able to set the heater to run while the car was warming up, but on this truck the heater doesn't run until I get in the truck and put the key in the ignition and turn it to the on position, kinda defeating the purpose of the remote start to begin with.

I'm thinking it's a programming issue and will have to go to the dealer for a fix or is this just how it is?
If I remember correctly they didn't start the heater coming on till around 2005.

Turbs
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #3
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
If I remember correctly they didn't start the heater coming on till around 2005.

Turbs
So... his truck is a 2012. Does that mean it should be starting the heater up?

I know on my Ram it doesn't automatically turn the heater on until it's 40-degrees out. Same with the A/C at 80 or something like that.

I don't seem to be able to control the temperatures or anything like that.
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

So... his truck is a 2012. Does that mean it should be starting the heater up?

I know on my Ram it doesn't automatically turn the heater on until it's 40-degrees out. Same with the A/C at 80 or something like that.

I don't seem to be able to control the temperatures or anything like that.
Acually I think it said 2001 at first ?
Op did you correct the year?
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Also since he didn't say .....
The diesels only stay running for 8 minutes x2 starts and in cold weather it wouldn't even be warm enough to throw heat anyway.


Hmmmm are the gassers that way ?
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 6,477
When the remote start is activated, the defroster will come on regardless of what setting the heater was set to (panel/floor/mix). I always have my temp set to 73 during the winter, which works well. Also, the seat heaters, if installed, will turn on to highest setting. Warm buns!
__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped 2017 - 49
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 6,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Also since he didn't say .....
The diesels only stay running for 8 minutes x2 starts and in cold weather it wouldn't even be warm enough to throw heat anyway.


Hmmmm are the gassers that way ?
The gassers time out also. Mine is throwing heat at end of first start when plugged in, but usually takes 2 starts to clear windows completely.
__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped 2017 - 49
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #8
Toy-aholic
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chalfont, PA
Posts: 708
this feature only works with auto hvac, not manual.
__________________
2005 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW 6.6 D/A
2013 Crusader 335BHS TE
EXGMTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXGMTech View Post
this feature only works with auto hvac, not manual.
And there u have it!
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 129
After reading the owners manual, if the truck has auto climate control it will turn on depending on outside temps. If it's manual (which it is) it's suppose to turn on at the setting that it was set at when the truck was turned off. I'm pretty sure I have set the heat before turning it off only to find that it did not turn on. Going to test it again and see what happens.
__________________

__________________
latner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 AM.