Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2015, 10:59 AM   #21

Michelin ownership?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Vibe View Post
I can't see any ware that hankook is owned by Michelin. Does anyone have a link that shows it is?
I did a lot of Hankook research and could not make the connection either. Irregardless, I see a lot of people running them and personal recommendations speak volumes. I'm going to need 6 tires and saving $300 is nice if I can get the service and ride comfort people claim.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:02 AM   #22

I believe they own 10% of Hankook.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:11 AM   #23
Oklahoma Proud

Ive had the hankook 10 ply mud tires on my old 2500 duramax and the nitto trail grapplers too. Both were good tires.
My new 3500hd has michelin ltx at2 on it. Ive only got 1600 miles on them so far.
My wife's 4wd Tahoe has 22" Nexens on them and they are doing real well especially since we live on a gravel road (and being a street tire). I asked a local tire dealer about nexen and he said that they were up there with michelin quality, from what he had experienced, and so far im going to have to agree. All the online reviews have been good on the nexen from what I've seen, and they have an awsome price point!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 11:11 AM   #24

And maybe not

Michelin sells Hankook Tire stake at 12.1% discount - Equity - Deals - News -
Old 12-15-2015, 06:18 PM   #25

My Ram DRW came with the Nexen tires and my personal experiance is they are garbage. 30K Kms or 19k miles the tires are worn out. Over 50% of the the miles was hauling 13000pd 5th wheel, mostly pave Hwy but some city and dirt.

I too am searching now for replacement tires. Michelin MS2 is/was the first thought based on experiance with them on my 2011. I had 30K miles on them and they were right around half warn which for some reason based on reviews claiming 100K miles I had in my mind half worn at 30K was below expectations. The price quote installed and balanced for 6 is $2190cdn which got me looking more.

Friend who has a 2011 version of my truck delivered campers for a few years. He is running Firestone Transforce HT tires and swears by them. Quote I got for 6 installed was $1432cdn. If anyone else has experiance with these please let me know.

After reading some of the post here will check out cooper and hankook. Had a set of Hankook tires on my car a few years back and liked them.

Tags
replacement, tire