Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
Wanna Be Camper

Replacing my trusty Tom Tom GPS

Well I have been thinking of replacing my old Tom Tom GPS. It still works good and is one of the few I have seen that actually knows where we live so I kinda hate to give it up. I have been looking at the Tom Tom Go Live 1535M as it is well rated and seems to have what I want in a GPS. So just wondering what other recommendations people have for a good mid range GPS unit.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
Well I have been thinking of replacing my old Tom Tom GPS. It still works good and is one of the few I have seen that actually knows where we live so I kinda hate to give it up. I have been looking at the Tom Tom Go Live 1535M as it is well rated and seems to have what I want in a GPS. So just wondering what other recommendations people have for a good mid range GPS unit.
We use a Garmin NUVI 265 for hauling the camper, bought a lifetime Garmin update about 2 yrs ago and haven't had one thing happen that I can complain about, mid-range price and very user friendly.
Md Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
Commercial Member

I am a LONG time Tom Tom user. I finally gave up my stand alone GPS and opted instead for the Tom Tom iPhone app instead. Gets me down to ONE device and it will route to contacts. I use it for business & personal travel but its nice to not have to put in an address...just route to "John Smith". The app itself is cheaper than a stand alone device and easier to update (Seems to get more updates for free too). Plus, once you buy the app anyone on that same iTunes account gets to download it for free. So my wife has it on her phone as well.

Of course you would need a smart phone though.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #4

I too have been thinking about replacing my TomTom. Since my new fifth wheel is almost 13 feet tall I’ve been considering the Rand McNally RVND 5510 which is designed for RV’ers for my next GPS.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
It still works good and is one of the few I have seen that actually knows where we live so I kinda hate to give it up.
I would probably wait since it still works well. My son has an integrated one in his car but uses his smartphone instead. I use a Tom Tom XL 340 which came with free quarterly updates, including Canada (some did not when I bought it).