Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #1

Research for new trailer.

Well, as it turns out my DW has become my XW. I am selling my 2006 Cedar Creek Silverback. In any event, two questions pertaining to TV...1-my TV is an '07 F250 Supercrew 4x4, diesel, stock...does anyone know (don't have the owners manual) what the payload on this is, for the purpose of fifth wheel (kingpin?) weight? 2- Has anyone used the adapter that takes a 5th wheel and converts it to a gooseneck hitch. I already have a 15,000lb B&W in the bed. Thank you for the info. My kids and I still want to camp so I'm looking at next season to pick up a fiver.

Will have pics up tonight on CCSB.
crushor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #2

B&W makes a fifth wheel hitch to fit over a b&w installed gooseneck ball. I do have the Anderson ultimate gooseneck adapter but Any gooseneck adapter, most if not all manufacturers, will try to void warranty for trailer damage. Most, this site will try to sway you away from any gooseneck adapter and I would not argue there standpoint. That said, I have plus and minuses for this adapter. Most repair shops do not have the capability to move it with the adapter on the fifth wheel and will need to remove it tempararily to transport. The more I use mine the more I like it, but it is not for everyone. Pm your email if you are interested in this adapter. I have statements from both Lippert and Aanderson about this adapter.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #3

Because there are so many different truck configurations each year. The only "easy" way you will know your true payload is to look at the sticker on your door.

Not sure if its standard but on Chevy trucks, The stickers are yellow and say "Tire and Loading information". Look for the line that says " The combined weight of the occupants and cargo should not exceed #### lbs." Thats your payload number.

2013 Rockwood Mini 2503S
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 5.3L
Bryan2503S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #4

Oh and sorry about your XW situation......or I am happy for you.......whichever you prefer.

2013 Rockwood Mini 2503S
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 5.3L
Bryan2503S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:32 AM   #5
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan2503S View Post
Because there are so many different truck configurations each year. The only "easy" way you will know your true payload is to look at the sticker on your door.

Not sure if its standard but on Chevy trucks, The stickers are yellow and say "Tire and Loading information". Look for the line that says " The combined weight of the occupants and cargo should not exceed #### lbs." Thats your payload number.
Being that the OP's truck is a 2007, it may not have that sticker. It should, however, have a sticker that tells him his GVWR. To find out his actual payload capacity, he should load up like he is going camping (with spouse, kid(s), traveling gear) and go hit a scale somewhere (truck stop, bulk landscape supply, grain scale, dump, etc.). Subtract the truck weight from the GVWR.

To the OP - as for the hitch - B&W makes a Companion hitch (that they just revamped and I'm super jealous of). I don't see any reason why you would use anything but it if you already have a B&W gooseneck already installed.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan2503S View Post
Oh and sorry about your XW situation......or I am happy for you.......whichever you prefer.
Be Happy...Be Very Happy. In the last two months I have learned more than I ever bargained for. This is a good. And thank you.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

Being that the OP's truck is a 2007, it may not have that sticker. It should, however, have a sticker that tells him his GVWR. To find out his actual payload capacity, he should load up like he is going camping (with spouse, kid(s), traveling gear) and go hit a scale somewhere (truck stop, bulk landscape supply, grain scale, dump, etc.). Subtract the truck weight from the GVWR.

To the OP - as for the hitch - B&W makes a Companion hitch (that they just revamped and I'm super jealous of). I don't see any reason why you would use anything but it if you already have a B&W gooseneck already installed.
I will definitely be looking at the stickers and the even trying to find an oem owners manual for the truck. I will look into B&W's companion hitch. I am certainly moving forward. Next stop...Cardinal Fiver.
Thanks to everyone. I am certainly going to stay on this forum in the mean time. It's a great forum.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:58 AM   #8
Incheon, S. Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by crushor View Post
Be Happy...Be Very Happy. In the last two months I have learned more than I ever bargained for. This is a good. And thank you.
Unfortunately I found that many times this has been true for some of my friends. Glad that you feel the way you do, and that you are looking towards the future!

Give your kids extra hugs!
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaron View Post
Unfortunately I found that many times this has been true for some of my friends. Glad that you feel the way you do, and that you are looking towards the future! Give your kids extra hugs!
BigBaron, thank you. Our daughter is 18, and knows what had been and is going on. We have adult conversations about this, and her mother didn't want her to live with her, so she lives with me. Our son is 5 and is a mess about this as he gets bounced around from house to house. I am trying to get full custody of him. They both get extra hugs. They deserve them. The most important thing in my life is my kids. That will not change. Again, thank you for your support.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:58 PM   #10
Incheon, S. Korea

You're welcome! I feel for the little guy. A little advice? Don't badmouth the XW. My folks built a chasm between my sisters and them. Me too for a while.
Any ideas on the trailer yet? What's CCSB?
Old 10-26-2013, 02:10 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaron View Post
You're welcome! I feel for the little guy. A little advice? Don't badmouth the XW. My folks built a chasm between my sisters and them. Me too for a while.
Any ideas on the trailer yet? What's CCSB?
The trailer I'm looking for will be a 2010/11 model year Cardinal. Hopefully the kingpin weight will be alright with the the 3/4 ton stroke as my TV. Due to the divorce we are selling our 2006 Cedar Creek Silverback 35LRLBS. Still haven't got pics posted on classifieds yet. I'll try to get that done tomorrow.

One of my biggest points with my son is not putting bad thoughts in his head about his mother. She however is continuously bad mouthing his sister to him, so it can be a struggle from time to time. Nevertheless...my kids are first. They will get through this. That I promise them. Again, thank you.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:30 AM   #12
Incheon, S. Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by crushor View Post
Nevertheless...my kids are first. They will get through this. That I promise them. Again, thank you.
Awesome!
Old 10-29-2013, 05:55 AM   #13

your truck rating

I recently had a new truck rating question and called my dealer.
they may be a source to find your payload rating.
Gary
etcmss is offline   Reply With Quote