Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2016, 08:44 PM   #1

Resolution on my Hensley Arrow issue

I got the chance this weekend to hitch everything up and pull the TT to an open parking lot to get the weight distribution bars set up.

My original issue was that the lower unit would not center itself when moving forward. The following picture is with the TV and TT in a straight line after moving forward about 40' and bringing everything to a stop using the trailer brakes.

The dealer we purchased the trailer from installed the Hensley. I am of the opinion that they should have moved the LPG bracket forward to properly locate the snap up brackets. Instead, they installed the snap up brackets as far forward as possible without moving the LPG bracket which put them 26.5" from the center of the coupler. This put about 20 degrees of angle on the chains pulling back towards the trailer. I hypothesize that this was the cause of my hitch not wanting to center and I think I proved it. After relocating the snap up brackets to 25" back from the coupler, and in the process relocating the LPG bracket to accommodate, the hitch is functioning as it should.

I apologize to the members and the staff that my previous thread on this subject took a turn for the worse. Hopefully this can help if anyone else ever runs across this issue.
opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 05:37 AM   #2

Glad you got it fix.....now time to enjoy....
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:41 PM   #3
DDC

Good to hear you got this resolved I had wondered how it had turned out, I've been pulling with mine for close to twenty years and other than the odd time hooking up at a weird angle it has been awesome.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote