Old 04-05-2015, 04:22 PM   #31

I put a small amount of grease on the ball and each of the pivots top and bottom (at the hitch)and leave the spring bars and trailer brackets dry. Only noise is on tight turns, but that is not always. 90 % of driving is silent! especially highway. I discussed this with progress mfg several times. They have a very helpful staff of experts who will help you get it right and they are very good teachers with their product. Progress makes Equalizer brand hitches.

TST 507RV TPMS
Zolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:46 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0224 View Post
on my v lite the only problem I have is when you hook the wdh chains and start to get tension on them a couple of times I thought I was going to put that pipe right trough the side of the trailer. One of the reasons I was looking at the Anderson No sway hitch.
This is an interesting point. Note that any WDH (snap-up bracket, Equal-I-zer, Anderson, Dual-Cam (?)) will be easier to engage if you first raise the coupler with the tongue-jack.

The Equal-I-zer comes with a cam-like lever to raise the bars into place. I almost never use the thing, preferring to simply lift the coupler with the jack, and rotate the bars into place.

Likewise, I've heard Anderson users say that this allows them to place that bracket under the ball by hand, and they never have to re-adjust the chain-tension at all.

For you, with snap-up brackets, just jack up the coupler until the lever-force required is minimal.

Equal-i-zer WDH (10k), Prodigy Brake Controller
thebrakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:49 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrakeman View Post
This is an interesting point. Note that any WDH (snap-up bracket, Equal-I-zer, Anderson, Dual-Cam (?)) will be easier to engage if you first raise the coupler with the tongue-jack.

The Equal-I-zer comes with a cam-like lever to raise the bars into place. I almost never use the thing, preferring to simply lift the coupler with the jack, and rotate the bars into place.

Likewise, I've heard Anderson users say that this allows them to place that bracket under the ball by hand, and they never have to re-adjust the chain-tension at all.

For you, with snap-up brackets, just jack up the coupler until the lever-force required is minimal.
Good advice, it's exactly what I do with my Equal-i-zer and almost never have an issue.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:06 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
I am looking to go from the Camco WDH with Sway Bar to the Camco EZ-Lift Trekker, has anyone used this before I like the fact that I do not have to deal with all the hitch stuff and worry about SC backing up as I usually remove mine before backing just to prevent stuff. I originally had this setup installed by the dealer but the WDH and SC were not setup correctly so my F150 front is up 1/2 inch so I have to correct or I may want the new Trekker for my New Roo I will be getting in 10 days.
The Trekker is a knock-off of the Equal-I-zer.
Shop them both. From what little I saw, the Trekker was actually more expensive. I recommend the original, but I'm biased.
Equal-i-zer WDH (10k), Prodigy Brake Controller
thebrakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 05:04 AM   #35

Follow up: Ordered my equalizer hitch (1200lbs) from PPLmotorhomes.com. received within 2 days with fedex. I could'nt be happier!

Rich, Steph, Ava, & Micah
2010 Sierra 1500 SLE Z60
2011 Shasta Revere 30 CKBH
RichieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:39 AM   #36
Citrus County, Fl.

Congrats on the Equalizer. You are going to love it. Wish I saw this earlier as we are trading our TT for a MH and will be putting the almost new 12000/1200 up for sale next month along with the ball and Jackets. Saw you are in Orlando which is close. Equalizer has a grease available which cuts down on the noise as well. Enjoy!!

99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
equalizer, hitch