Old 05-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #11

Wow, all that RV goodness in a 7800lbs package. That's awesome. Congratulations. I'm chomping at the bit waiting for mine!!!

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #12
Site Team

I know you are. We are very pleased.

Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #13

Just called FR and am having them install the 2nd A/C.
I hope they deliver soon; the more reading I do while I wait, the more money it's costing me...

Old 05-25-2013, 10:43 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMazz View Post
Just called FR and am having them install the 2nd A/C.
I hope they deliver soon; the more reading I do while I wait, the more money it's costing me...
You'll be glad. I was surprised to learn that both ACs blow thru all vents. Even the 13500 cools the living area and the bedroom. But its just now getting hot over here in LA. (Actually, I'm in Pensacola right now but not in the RV)

Old 05-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #15

We live in Orlando and camp at Disney's Fort Wilderness allot. Knowing I'll have enough for the 100 degree summer days, as well as redundancy if 1 goes out is comforting. I also was surprised to learn they are duct together from reading the forum, so I guess some of my reading obsession is paying off.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #16

Congrats on your new 5'er. Enjoy! We LOVE our Rockwood, albeit the smallest 5'er they make; we are very happy with it. 65+ nights and 6500 miles since delivery on 10/9/12 and still completely satisfied.

Adrienne

2016 Flagstaff 8528CKWSA
2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L

RalphieAdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #17

So we solved our issues with the dealer on all the issues that came along with the RV ($$$). A warning for anyone else ordering the 8282ws, the rolling island that was delivered with my unit has a hard wood top (finished in a color that doesn't match any of the other wood in the RV) and NOT the Corian top it is supposed to. The FR rep tried to say it was a weight issue; but they are replacing it with the Corian top. I will try and post a pic before they swap it out...it's hideous......

Old 07-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #18
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMazz View Post
So we solved our issues with the dealer on all the issues that came along with the RV ($$$). A warning for anyone else ordering the 8282ws, the rolling island that was delivered with my unit has a hard wood top (finished in a color that doesn't match any of the other wood in the RV) and NOT the Corian top it is supposed to. The FR rep tried to say it was a weight issue; but they are replacing it with the Corian top. I will try and post a pic before they swap it out...it's hideous......
This is sadly one of those "we reserve the right to change just about anything without telling you, even after you ordered" situations. I'm glad to hear that you were able to get yours switched out. But, changes mid-year are very common with RVs.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #19

This is a pretty big change, considering that your paying a premium for a Platinum package that upgrades the countertops to Corian, then shows up with only the 1 kitchen counter Corian and the rest finished wood...

Old 08-07-2013, 08:51 AM   #20
Site Team

Update! Hey Joe. Just passing on some info to save you some problems in the future. We have, twice now, had the carpet hem pull off the slide carpet by the island table sitting on the hem while the slide was opening. Watch that! And... the island has a design flaw that you should be aware of. The walls of the island do not sit on the floor of the island. Rather the walls are stapled into the sides of the floor. There is NO way those staples can support the weight of that heavy corona counter top. It is heavy. After our most recent trip, 600 miles round trip, the floor has sunken up into the island preventing the wheels from swiveling. I did repairs on mine yesterday. Had to bang the floor back down into position with rubber mallet the installed two cedar strips inside the cabinet above the floor on each side. This gave a base for wood screws into the sides and up from the bottom to lock the floor to the island. Then I to toe-nailed screws into the sides, from the bottom all the way around the island.
Can't believed it only had staples. You might prevent this by adding the support strips before it happens.
Apparently it was a result of bouncing down the road while being towed. Took three short trips. Only other problems were the storage under left side of sofa floor fell out. It too wade held only by staples. Reinforced it with screws also. And the TV release button on wall next to TV would not release. TV stuck in down position. Got new mechanism ordered and should be installed in next week or so.
Got slide toppers orders too.
Hope yours is going well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130807_075059.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	37124