Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2013, 08:31 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
JoeMazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
Sweet. We're on the down hill side of a three week run from LA to Yellowstone, Montana. 4700 miles. In Branson mo for 3 nights. Avg mpg is 11.8 but that includes solo trips thru the mountains. Hitched up all the way to Estes park, co was 10.0 mpg. No complaints with tundra.
I was getting a solid 8mpg pulling the 21ft TT on our trip to Devils Tower from Orlando this July past. I'm not so optimistic about 10 mpg with the 5er. I must have a lead foot.
__________________

__________________
2015 Jayco Precept 35UP

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #42
Site Team
 
dcheatwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,380
I hold as close to 60 as I can on highways. Makes a different.
__________________

__________________
2013 Rockwood 8282WS
Reese Revolution Pin, Reese 16K
2008 Tundra Limited Double Cab 5.7L
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
JoeMazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
Sweet. We're on the down hill side of a three week run from LA to Yellowstone, Montana. 4700 miles. In Branson mo for 3 nights. Avg mpg is 11.8 but that includes solo trips thru the mountains. Hitched up all the way to Estes park, co was 10.0 mpg. No complaints with tundra.
A trip like that I'd expect some awesome pictures......
__________________
2015 Jayco Precept 35UP

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:00 PM   #44
Site Team
 
dcheatwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,380
Got some great pics. Landscape, wildlife and rig.
__________________
2013 Rockwood 8282WS
Reese Revolution Pin, Reese 16K
2008 Tundra Limited Double Cab 5.7L
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
JoeMazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
Got some great pics. Landscape, wildlife and rig.
Can't wait to see some...Have a great trip
__________________
2015 Jayco Precept 35UP

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 368
Show some pics or it did not happen, :-)
__________________
Flying dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:27 AM   #47
Senior Member
 
French's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Guelph Ontario
Posts: 132
Hey congrats on the new rig.
We have our eyes on an 8282 as well. How is the pin weight on your half ton? We have a 1500 silverado. We are also shopping Open Range fives did you consider them at all? Would love to hear how your rig performs and if you get reliable after sale assistance. The rock wood sure is a handsome rig and the weights advertised surprised me.
__________________
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:33 AM   #48
Senior Member
 
JoeMazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post
Hey congrats on the new rig.
We have our eyes on an 8282 as well. How is the pin weight on your half ton? We have a 1500 silverado. We are also shopping Open Range fives did you consider them at all? Would love to hear how your rig performs and if you get reliable after sale assistance. The rock wood sure is a handsome rig and the weights advertised surprised me.
Personally, I searched every light weight 5er, and the fit and finish on the Rockwood/Flagstaff's were easily the winner. You just got more for your money and based on the feedback on this forum, they stand by their product.
As far as pin weight issues, so far (other than wait time on order) it is the only issue. Tundra pulls and stops just as if my 20ft travel trailer was still back there. Air bags straightened out my ride and now it all good.
Best part of my 8282ws is the big living area......
__________________
2015 Jayco Precept 35UP

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
Ksilvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Newport, MI
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMazz View Post
Personally, I searched every light weight 5er, and the fit and finish on the Rockwood/Flagstaff's were easily the winner. You just got more for your money and based on the feedback on this forum, they stand by their product. As far as pin weight issues, so far (other than wait time on order) it is the only issue. Tundra pulls and stops just as if my 20ft travel trailer was still back there. Air bags straightened out my ride and now it all good. Best part of my 8282ws is the big living area......
Have you checked out Prime Time Manufacturing's Crusader 295RST?
__________________
2014 PT Crusader 295RST-TE
2014 F-150 FX4
Ksilvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
JoeMazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksilvi View Post
Have you checked out Prime Time Manufacturing's Crusader 295RST?
Yep, sure did. Pin weights were higher on the crusaders and I was fighting for every pound I could shave off.
__________________

__________________
2015 Jayco Precept 35UP

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 PM.