Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #21

@richludden,

did you make any mods to your truck to tow your TT? Are you running with the stock receiver or did you upgrade that?
RollingDownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:58 AM   #22

bagged, I am using the stock receiver with a Husky WD hitch. I have noticed when the trailer is uncoupled the hitch will have a little movement in it. Have you noticed the same?

Rich, Steph, Ava, & Micah
2010 Sierra 1500 SLE Z60
2011 Shasta Revere 30 CKBH
RichieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:29 AM   #23

I'm using the same setup actually, though I'm thinking of upgrading the stock receiver to something a little more 'beefier"

My truck doesn't budge when I hook up to it prior to doing the WD, the hitch moves a little bit when I disconnect it, but nothing to be concerned about.

I tried to post a pic of my truck last night, but with no success. I'll try again tonight
Old 01-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #24

@bagged123 and @richludden. I see that you guys have big tt with a half ton. I have similar setup; 31Bdss and just ordered an ecoboost max tow. I am struggling with this hitch issue. I have one antisway bar. But I need a new hitch because my wd bars are too light in my opinion. So I've been shopping. Propride looks good, but about 3g's to get here. All the other brands are basically friction sway control built in. So the question I have for you guys is, do you think that if I buy a simple wdh with the right size of bars, and use two of the friction bars that it would do the job as good as the more expensive friction type antisway hitch setups?
saskrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #25

depends on your budget. you may want to check with your hitch manufacturer, most of them offer heavier bars so you wont need to buy a new hitch. the hensly arrow and the propride are very nice and very expensive, they "eleminate sway" all others "control sway". If I had an extra 3k to spend I would go with the hensley. With 2 friction type sway bars i notice very little movement.

2010 Sierra 1500 SLE Z60
Old 01-31-2012, 08:35 AM   #26

bagged I found this Curt class V hitch on etrailer for a decent price.
Curt Trailer Hitch for Chevrolet Silverado 2010 - 15522

have you upgraded yet? I am thinking about purchasing the Curt, made in USA...

2010 Sierra 1500 SLE Z60
Old 01-31-2012, 08:37 PM   #27

@rich, I'll check that out, I haven't upgraded it, but camping season is coming (whoo hoo ), and I'm actually looking at a new receiver, brake controller, and another sway bar, and I have to fix my electric plug on my truck, there's no power going to my TT (i have lights, brakes, etc but the main power source that charges my battery isn't provided power), so I'm troubleshooting that.

Did you upgrade yet?