Old 07-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #11
Phat Phrog Physician

I believe it was the Romans who described this situation best; they called it "Sagamus Maximus".
Lethal for chariots as well...
Doc

SabreDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #12
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Motor Home drivers scare me more than anything, they are as big as a Grey Hound bus which require CDL's and a vast majority of them are driven by folks that have never driven anything other than a car. We watch them pull into the campgrounds in FL and get out and unfold their walkers and wheelchairs. Now that's scary!
We haven't seen the scene you described yet, but that would be scary to see

Old 07-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #13
Engineer of Crazy Train

That is ignorance at it's best. I wonder if they even have a brake controller????
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #14
Camper Less Camping

RV'ing is a luxury & not a necessity...with that said, you see so many people go buy the biggest TT on the lot but take no consideration with their TV in being capable & safe...if you can afford the camper, you can afford the right TV or wait it out & continue tent/cabin camping until you can do both properly!
I cringe everytime I see setups like this :0
Old 07-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #15
Camper Less Camping

Quote:

Motor Home drivers scare me more than anything, they are as big as a Grey Hound bus which require CDL's and a vast majority of them are driven by folks that have never driven anything other than a car. We watch them pull into the campgrounds in FL and get out and unfold their walkers and wheelchairs. Now that's scary!
X2
Old 07-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #16
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
X2
We even discussed it with the salesman @ Tom Johnson's in Concord and he said "You'd be surprised at the number of new mh's that are brought back in less than a week/month with damage from inexperienced drivers. He said they try to get them to take the mh out in the back to the 4wide drag strip parking lot and drive around, but no one takes them up on it. Says they just cringe when they leave.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #17
B47

Quote:
We even discussed it with the salesman @ Tom Johnson's in Concord and he said "You'd be surprised at the number of new mh's that are brought back in less than a week/month with damage from inexperienced drivers. He said they try to get them to take the mh out in the back to the 4wide drag strip parking lot and drive around, but no one takes them up on it. Says they just cringe when they leave.
In today's Sue Crazy world, I just wonder if they and others like them might be exposing themselves to possible lawsuits down the road if the buyers get in an accident and claim negligence on the dealers part.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #18
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
In today's Sue Crazy world, I just wonder if they and others like them might be exposing themselves to possible lawsuits down the road if the buyers get in an accident and claim negligence on the dealers part.
They would have to sue every dealer in the US of A. The state laws govern the driver's license requirements, not the dealers.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #19
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
I'm surprised that people don't. I jumped at the chance to take a drive with one of the dealer's techs when I bought my fifth wheel. He was incredibly helpful and I learned a lot.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #20
B47

Quote:
They would have to sue every dealer in the US of A. The state laws govern the driver's license requirements, not the dealers.
It hasn't happened yet as far as I know, but anything is possible today with all the ambulance chasers ads on TV and a lot of hungry lawyers out thre.