Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2019, 06:10 PM   #1

Slide hitch question

I have a 2017 Ford F350 diesel,i have a slide hitch from B&W.I am trailering a cc 38el champagne,when you use your slide hitch when backing up do you leave your tailgate up or down.
BOB3288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:26 PM   #2

Maybe I dont understand, but when maneuvering you must have your tailgate up. Your turning radius is near zero with the tailgate down.
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 08:27 PM   #3

It would depend on if you have room to leave the tailgate up or not. On my Ram 3500 mega cab, when I slid the hitch back, I had to lower the tailgate, or the pinbox would hit it. And with the hitch in the rear position, there was plenty of room between the trailer and tailgate during maneuvering. Just make sure you remember to put the tailgate back up after you slide it forward. If you have room to slide it back without hitting the tailgate, then I'd say leave it up.
PondSkum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch, slide