Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #21
TeresaInCAL

I got some for my ford truck from an ford accessories dealer. They were made to fit the mirrors, and I think they've worked out GREAT! No vibrate at all. Mine you slip over the mirror, then there is a wedge you slip in the back, then you tighten the screw, easy. And it has never come loose, even with extended use. Buy cheap ones, and you'll get cheap...just sayin...
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #22
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaInCAL View Post
I got some for my ford truck from an ford accessories dealer. They were made to fit the mirrors, and I think they've worked out GREAT! No vibrate at all. Mine you slip over the mirror, then there is a wedge you slip in the back, then you tighten the screw, easy. And it has never come loose, even with extended use. Buy cheap ones, and you'll get cheap...just sayin...
these are exactly the ones DH has and no longer needs because we upgraded from the F150 Ecoboost to the F250 Super Duty which came with electric mirrors.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #23

From what I could gather, the mirrors for my Supercab differ slightly from the supercrew model. Are the ones you have for a Supercab? If so, what do you want for them?
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #24

I have some that you slip over the mirror with a wedge on the back and then you tighten the screw. I have used them on my TV for 4-5 years now. I have had no problem with them vibrating or getting loose.

2002 GMC Sierra C2500 HD 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2013 Sabre Silhouette 291BHTS
Pat, Michele and 2 old dogs, Shug & Sissy
rowdydog77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #25

We bought some from CW, but despite choosing the correct vehicle year and model they didn't fit. Ran down to Wally World and grabbed their last "fits all" which helped a little, but the day we got back I went online and ordered a pair of replacement mirrors that extend when we tow. They were fairly easy to install, thanks to You Tube videos and work well. Best thing is we never have to remember to attach them for a trip. If we make it out of the driveway without extending it's easy to pull over and slide them out.

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #26

I finally got notification that these have shipped... We'll see just how good or lousy they are. I'll report my findings...

Thanks, all...
Old 08-21-2013, 09:08 PM   #27
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
From what I could gather, the mirrors for my Supercab differ slightly from the supercrew model. Are the ones you have for a Supercab? If so, what do you want for them?
His 2011 F150 was an extended cab, not a crew cab...didn't have 4 exterior door handles, for lack of a better way to describe it....4 doors but you opened the back doors with a handle *inside* the door frame, after you opened the front doors.

Naw, I ain't too truck savvy...does it show?

Old 08-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #28

OK, if these hadn't already shipped, I'd have cancelled them and bought yours... sorry... Could have been win-win for us both... That being said, if I don't like these, I will contact you about them, if I may.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #29
NELA

Sure. We're not actively trying to sell 'em...just mentioned it in case someone is interested. They'll be around if and when someone is interested. Just gotta get 'em out of our storage bay...takin up too much room. Just stick 'em in his shop.

I drove his new F250 yesterday. at first, but actually was surprised that I'm more comfortable driving it than I was the F150.

I told him I think it's the bigger (permanent and retractable mirrors) and the back-up beeper. I could *not* see over the tail gate on the 150, nor can I on the 250.

Parked way out by myself at a farm/feed store yesterday...came out and dang it if someone hadn't parked a brand spankin new, beautiful black Dodge Charger right behind me.

Thank you Ford for the back-up beeper!

But those bigger side mirrors made lane changing, etc. on the interstate much easier as well.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #30

the CIPA mirror extensions do work, however it depends on the width of the trailer also on how well you'll be able to look past it. But then and again, 50-60 bucks worth of mirror extension don't break the bank ...
Old 08-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #31

Mine came and they actually fit nicely. I got them from etrailer for 49.99 + a few bucks for shipping. Looks like theu will do what I need them to until I upgrade my TV.

Thanks for all the replies.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #32

I had promised an update about these mirrors.... I am satisfied with them, especially for the price. They did what I needed which is to be able to see cars behind the trailer. Yes, there was a little vibration, but not a distraction for me. I pay little attention to those kinds of things, anyway. They are easy to put on and take off, and mine seemed to stay adjusted just fine. So, in my humble opinion, they were well worth the purchase price...

Enjoy...