Old 11-22-2014, 09:40 AM   #31

Bars

Dang, my head is a spinning now. Maybe too early in the morning for my mind to comprehend. So, we have been looking to buy a Propride hitch. But, which bars would be correct for our trailer. 33'4" long, hitch weight 845lbs, dry weight 6,975lbs and cargo weight 2,351lbs. Been missing several good deals on the net for used ones. They go like crazy.

Thanks to all the vets and active military for your service.

Lets go camping
campncrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 09:45 AM   #32
President ProPride, Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by campncrazy View Post
Dang, my head is a spinning now. Maybe too early in the morning for my mind to comprehend. So, we have been looking to buy a Propride hitch. But, which bars would be correct for our trailer. 33'4" long, hitch weight 845lbs, dry weight 6,975lbs and cargo weight 2,351lbs. Been missing several good deals on the net for used ones. They go like crazy.

Well, this thread really has nothing to do with ProPride. I was only trying to help the OP based on what I know happens in the industry. Each ProPride bar 600/800/1000/1400 does measure a different size.

To answer your specific question, the 3P-1400 is the proper model for your trailer.

Old 11-22-2014, 10:07 AM   #33

I was confused with all the above posts regarding weight of bars. Don't want to risk anything that would not be safe. See a lot of trailers going down the road with nothing but a regular hitch (no type of equalizer hitch). A lot of swaying going on.
Didn't want to hijack the tread.
Think I will go take my nap. Like I said too early for me.

Thanks to all the vets and active military for your service.

Lets go camping
campncrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:37 PM   #34

So after further research this was a reply I got from one the experts at etrailer. These guy's are pretty sharp and I trust their advice.

"Dimensionally the 1,200 lb Reese spring bars # RP58358 and the 1,500 lb spring bars of the # RP66130 will be the same. This is intentional so that the rest of the system can work on as many different setups as possible.

The difference is the strength of the spring steel used in the bars. The 1,500 lb bars will be considerably stiffer. To test this you can try using either spring bar in your setup to see if you feel a difference. The 1,500 lb bar should have a much harsher ride quality."

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote