Old 05-02-2016, 04:11 PM   #1
Stainless Brake hard lines

The hard lines on the psd have been leaking due to rust out issues with the steel oem lines.I have spliced pieces into them now for 3 years at the rate of one per year! Last year I replaced all the hoses and the hard ling that runs across the rear axel.Last week the abs came on and of course there is another pin hole in the hard line up by the transmission.At this point I wont even drive this thingwith these old lines,let alone pull the trailer.I did some serious research on the net and was able to locate a shop that forms sets of hard lines in stainless that include every line from the master to the caliper hoses.They bend them on a cnc machine useing prints of oem lines and told me they can do just about any vehicle from the 40's up to 2015.They even put the armour springs on them,made from stainless. They came ups today and I am REALLY impressed!Nice clean bends with no scrape marks.Tomorrow I will strip all the junk off and(time permitting) start to install the new lines.I will get some pics when they are done. NOTE,I have NO connection to this place other than being a customer.If anyone wants thier number,PM me as I'm not going to put it up in a post.

trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 04:26 PM   #2
Nice idea !!!!

I have never had a steel brake line leak ??? Rubber ones dry rot yes. Is it cause you are in the rust belt ????

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 05:38 PM   #3
Inlinetube...replaced all my lines with stainless..quite a project in the driveway but worth it..2001 GMC Sierra 1500 HD
davidjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:35 PM   #4
This is the HQ for the rust belt! Salt in the winter and chloride in summer for dust control.

InLine Tube is where I got them.
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:22 PM   #5
SS brake lines

Had the brake lines on by old dodge pickup rust out twice. It seemed to collect moisture under the bed and do them in. Replaced them with SS lines that I bought in bulk and fitted them myself. Only one caution, since the material is harder than the original doing a double flare is harder and getting a perfect connection is harder. It was worth it in the end. Glad you had a good experience with yours.
DocRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 02:31 PM   #6
Exclamation leaky steel lines

Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Nice idea !!!!

I have never had a steel brake line leak ??? Rubber ones dry rot yes. Is it cause you are in the rust belt ????

Have replaced many OEM lines on autos, mostly mid 80's Ford . They will rusr from outside as well as inside. Brake fluid is hydroponic, will absorb moisture from the air.
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 02:52 PM   #7
Be sure to flush out your brake system every few years and put in fresh fluid. They can rust internally as well. That old fluid can hold a bit of moisture.

2015 Chev Silverado 3500 dually D/A
2016 Cedar Creek 36CK
B&W Patriot 18K, Trail-Aire pinbox,
Level up, dual panes & all that stuff...
GOTTOYS is online now   Reply With Quote