Old 05-20-2010, 12:07 AM   #1
Exclamation Suburban towing??

Help! thinking of getting a 1998 Suburban 2500CK, 350 V8 Vortec, 5.7 litre, to pull my 2007 Surveyor 210T.- I travel in mountainous country most of the time. Will this Suburban pull me easily on and over the mountains? Need to know ASAP. I have a Jeep Commander 4.7 liter, and it struggles over the mountains.
Also- Does ANYONE know how much my Surveyor weighs? I can't find it marked anywhere. I know the weight limits, but not the regular weight.

lucyoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:39 AM   #2
I tow a Flagstaff in the central Virginia mountains with a 1500 Suburban without any problems. The 2500 is a heavier duty one so you should be fine.

For the weight, there should be a weight sticker in the front street side near the bottom of the trailer that gives the information. However that is only what it was when it came off the line. The best thing to do is take it to a public scale and weight it fully loaded as if you are going on a trip.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:53 PM   #3
2500 Suburban should pull fine, question is - 1998 model year is 12 years old, not necessarily a bad thing as long as it is in sound condition, check it out careful and make sure everything runs good and tight
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote