Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2014, 10:57 AM   #1

Super springs

I just installed a set of super springs on my 2013 F-250 super duty diesel. They raised my back end an inch and a quarter and brought me back to level. They did make the ride a bit rougher but nothing intolerable by any means. My question is how many others are running super springs and how much do you like or hate them and why?
I put them on because they were free to me so why not? I also wanted the extra load capacity since my job requires constantly pulling heavy gooseneck trailers. I have yet to put a load on them but I am hoping that the sagging rear end under load will come to mostly and end!
turnerpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:10 AM   #2

I am still running the stock springs and shocks on my 2010 and find the ride stiff enough.
I am hoping airbags will help with this.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:27 AM   #3

Super springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
I am still running the stock springs and shocks on my 2010 and find the ride stiff enough.
I am hoping airbags will help with this.

Mine were fine but since my truck came from the factory with the snowplow package it was leveled already. I hooked up a trailer and was on the bump stops but I only had to go one mile down a dirt road so I just took it very slow and easy but it had to of sprung my springs cuz ever since then I had about an inch of sag in the rear. The super springs fixed that I'm just hoping they will hold up and continue to fix the sag problem. I will be ordering a heavy duty leaf pack good for 5000# to replace my stock springs in the near future but will reinstall the super springs on those as well. I would hate to have the sag come back with new leafs! I will also be adding air bags on top of all this just for the added peace of mind and the huge increase in load capacity and safety! That's a bad part of my job is it's does the truck pull it? Then pull it! So I figured with the mods I am doing this should get me covered!
Old 05-18-2014, 11:38 AM   #4

Man that will ride like a brick wall...

I would take the stock springs and have the arch checked at a spring shop.
Get them re-arched if need be and hang them some place incase you want to swap them back later in the life of the truck.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Man that will ride like a brick wall...

I would take the stock springs and have the arch checked at a spring shop.
Get them re-arched if need be and hang them some place incase you want to swap them back later in the life of the truck.

I was actually thinking of doing that! Because once this truck is paid off I will probably keep it just for my personal use and buy another one for company use because we put so many miles on them I know the truck will last but there is always a good point in time to let the truck "retire" and have an easy going life! When that happens I will most likely take all but the bags off and put them on the new one!
Old 05-18-2014, 11:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerpa View Post
I was actually thinking of doing that! Because once this truck is paid off I will probably keep it just for my personal use and buy another one for company use because we put so many miles on them I know the truck will last but there is always a good point in time to let the truck "retire" and have an easy going life! When that happens I will most likely take all but the bags off and put them on the new one!
Old 05-20-2014, 06:58 AM   #7

I've always used the Roadmaster Active Suspension, on my Fords. It helps give extra weight capacity to the stock leaf springs, without making the ride harsher. It is more of a progressive suspension, so you don't lose your stock ride, until you start adding load. It stiffens the spring where it needs it most, as you start hanging weight off the back of the truck.
Roadmaster Active Suspension Kits | Helper Springs | Overload Springs
katkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:49 PM   #8

Well I got to tow two different loads with the super springs yesterday and the difference was out of this world! I am sold and will be putting these on every truck I buy from now on!
Old 05-21-2014, 07:40 PM   #9

I put them on my truck for my first trailer we had it made a big difference and they are great.
Nights Camped 2015 ( 4 )
Firefighter969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:57 AM   #10
Infractee

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerpa View Post
I just installed a set of super springs on my 2013 F-250 super duty diesel. They raised my back end an inch and a quarter and brought me back to level. They did make the ride a bit rougher but nothing intolerable by any means. My question is how many others are running super springs and how much do you like or hate them and why?
I put them on because they were free to me so why not? I also wanted the extra load capacity since my job requires constantly pulling heavy gooseneck trailers. I have yet to put a load on them but I am hoping that the sagging rear end under load will come to mostly and end!
Raised it 1 1/4? Did you get S10's or S15's ? I recently installed the S10's and with the roller on the bottom holes I *may*have raised up 1/2" ~ 3/4". I think they are great, was going to go with Timbrens but I did not like the idea of riding around on fancy bump stops so I went with the springs. In hindsight I should have gone with the 15's... LOL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forest River Forums mobile app
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:59 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoZeta View Post
Raised it 1 1/4? Did you get S10's or S15's ? I recently installed the S10's and with the roller on the bottom holes I *may*have raised up 1/2" ~ 3/4". I think they are great, was going to go with Timbrens but I did not like the idea of riding around on fancy bump stops so I went with the springs. In hindsight I should have gone with the 15's... LOL.

They are the s15's I needed the heavier capacity and I put mine on the top hole just because I wanted them to be full time and that's what made it lift the back an 1 1/4". My stock springs have also been sprung by towing a trailer that was over 26,000# off the bumper like a dummy!! Had all the power in the world to pull it just not the springs!
Old 05-22-2014, 09:05 AM   #12
Infractee

Ahh yes, that would do it! LOL
I am sure My truck being an 08 with 150K on it needed them as well, never tried towing the new 5th without them. Even with them I can feel a little more sag than I would like, still need to get more weight off of my pin.

RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote