Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2015, 03:52 PM   #1

superglide capture plate

hello, need some advice, if anyone can help.

we have the 31RK and the dealer installed the pullrite 4100 superglide hitch including the capture plate.

6 mos later, we are at a FR dealership for some warranty work, and they moved our 5th without the adapter to and from different areas. they have a on station campsite for FT staying in their unit while work is being done.

on the 2nd day there, the op had brought our 5th back and left. but he parked it too far from the water outlet. we went to hitch up to our truck to adjust the parking, and the capture plate came off!

talking with pullrite on phone and email of pics, they said the op by moving our 5th without the adapter on his forklift had caused the capture plate to fall off.

now looking at the capture plate, it looks like one of the universal ones, with one screw/nut in the center and some spacer plates on each end. the screw looks like it would just screw back until it contacts against the hitch pin on the 5th? if so, is that the only thing holding the capture plate?

that would seem like it would have the potential to fall again just by hitching and unhitching our truck to the 31RK.

asking, because I know the tech said we just needed to remove the 4 screws and it would come off easily. well there's no 4 screws, and yes it came off easily.

called that dealership and they said they "tack-welded" the plates on, which pullrite said, "no", they shouldn't tack-weld them on.

thanks for any insight.

bill & jodi
stormy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 04:16 PM   #2
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy2000 View Post
hello, need some advice, if anyone can help.

we have the 31RK and the dealer installed the pullrite 4100 superglide hitch including the capture plate.

6 mos later, we are at a FR dealership for some warranty work, and they moved our 5th without the adapter to and from different areas. they have a on station campsite for FT staying in their unit while work is being done.

on the 2nd day there, the op had brought our 5th back and left. but he parked it too far from the water outlet. we went to hitch up to our truck to adjust the parking, and the capture plate came off!

talking with pullrite on phone and email of pics, they said the op by moving our 5th without the adapter on his forklift had caused the capture plate to fall off.

now looking at the capture plate, it looks like one of the universal ones, with one screw/nut in the center and some spacer plates on each end. the screw looks like it would just screw back until it contacts against the hitch pin on the 5th? if so, is that the only thing holding the capture plate?

that would seem like it would have the potential to fall again just by hitching and unhitching our truck to the 31RK.

asking, because I know the tech said we just needed to remove the 4 screws and it would come off easily. well there's no 4 screws, and yes it came off easily.

called that dealership and they said they "tack-welded" the plates on, which pullrite said, "no", they shouldn't tack-weld them on.

thanks for any insight.

bill & jodi
Mine is just like yours...the spacers line it up and the 'bolt' just pinches it on. Just try to snug it up.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 05:30 PM   #3

Ok tks will do see how it goes
Old 05-02-2015, 07:28 PM   #4

My dealer that installed the pull rite, had installed the Capture plate that was designed for it. The capture plate has four allen type set screws to hold it to the king pin plate. The set screws are at each corner of the capture plate. My suggestion would be to have the dealer get you the capture plate that was designed for your pin box rather than a universal one. I am a firm believer in using what is called for rather than adapting it. Just my humble opinion.
CTGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:21 PM   #5

Like that idea will call monday tks
Old 05-02-2015, 08:36 PM   #6

Just for info, my pull rite uses ISR mounting for the 18K setup. The King Pin box is a Reese with a 5th Airborne. I went to the website for pull rite, and i guess there are many options or configurations.
CTGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:41 PM   #7
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Pin-box 1621 takes the plate you have......also fits a couple others. Go to Pull-right's web page or any trailer hitch web site and you'll be able to see what measurement you need to see which capture plate is needed. If they spot-weld the plate on ,no one else can tow it without having an adapter that they build for that purpose..spendy.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
superglide