Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by etcmss View Post
I just finished my first trip with my Flagstaff 831FKBSS (6800#) and an F-150 with an equalizer sway control bar and experienced the sway at 50 and when using tow/haul mode got up to 60mph. This trip also showed the truck is not really able to handle this trailer.
was very uncomfortable with the constant bumps and surging/lurching.
Looking to borrow a F250 to see the difference.....before I go purchase one
Surprised to hear that. What year f150 and what wheelbase? 2 or 4WD?

We just returned a few weeks ago from our first trip with our new 2013 F150 super crew 4x4 Ecoboost and could not be happier with the towing abilities. No sway and lots of power. Towing a Salem 29BHSS loaded at 8k lbs. also using an 10k equalizer setup.
BigDTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #22

Daniel what is the weight of your trailer? Is it a toy hauler?
Old 08-25-2013, 06:14 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjs2000z View Post
Daniel what is the weight of your trailer? Is it a toy hauler?
Not a tow hauler. About 6250 dry, with propane tanks, batt, tounge jack, awning, etc I'd say close to 6750, add family, fuel, gear, etc about 8k loaded and truck packed. Truck also has tow package with sway control.

Do you have radials or bias ply on TT?
BigDTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #24

I have the 2014 stealth 2715. Not sure on the tires. Dry weight is 7469 lbs. fully loaded with my wildcat 4 seater is 9500 no including water or gas. I usually fill water 20-30 miles prior to any of my destinations. I can definitely feel the weight difference especially with 160 gallons of water. Lol
Old 08-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

In addition to others advice to do the fender measurements, do weights, and maybe LT tires, on the Reese Dual Cam it is very important that the cams are exactly centered on the spring bar notches. I didn't adjust my cams after having another receiver installed (rear ended), and after getting the weight distributing down correctly, ended up with a different tilt to the head assembly. I noticed a bit more movement back there then normal, and in checking the cams they were not seated correctly in the spring bars. The trailer again pulls like it should after adjusting the cams.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:29 AM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielflading View Post
Surprised to hear that. What year f150 and what wheelbase? 2 or 4WD?

We just returned a few weeks ago from our first trip with our new 2013 F150 super crew 4x4 Ecoboost and could not be happier with the towing abilities. No sway and lots of power. Towing a Salem 29BHSS loaded at 8k lbs. also using an 10k equalizer setup.

I had a 6500 lbs tracer , 98 chevy half ton 71 4x4 and equalizer 10K.
Set up right had no problem at all worked great. Like the hitch for sure.
Im thinking the Hensley or ProPride would be better from what I read on this forum.
That said what ever hitch you use has to be set up right.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:39 AM   #27

Does anyone out there have experience with the Huskey Center Line hitch? Seems to work some what similar to the Hensley and Propride but half the price.
Bikeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:03 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeski View Post
Does anyone out there have experience with the Huskey Center Line hitch? Seems to work some what similar to the Hensley and Propride but half the price.
I do not have experience with that hitch and have only read up on it. There is actually not a lot of information because its not used nearly as much as others. Which is a shame because it appears to be a good system but most people (like yourself) would prefer more information from experienced users before buying.

My conclusion is that it is closer to the Equal-i-zer and Reese Dual Cam than it is to the Hensley. Most people say it does as well as the Equal-i-zer and Reese DC, but no one that I know says it does as well as a Hensley/Propride.

Note the Centerline reportedly has one drawback in that you must line up dead center with the trailer to hitch up. I recall one owner said he needs no more than 5 degrees from straight to install or remove the WD bars.

That would kill it for me as we camp often in sites that will not allow that.

Hope this helps.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:20 PM   #29

Send a message via Skype™ to dsagal79
Thanks everyone for your opinions. I am considering a propride after more research. I am going to look at configuring the existing hitch I have first but if I can't get it worked out well... I will be listing a hitch on here soon!
dsagal79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #30

Not to make things more confusing but the Blue Ox Sway Pro is a very nice hitch. Rides great and easy hook up
bucsplace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sway