Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #61

Ya know, I have 80 grand going down the road when I head out. Why would I balk at connecting it together properly for 25 hundred.

Jeff
unyalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynkage View Post
Boy, Not kidding there!! Heck they can blow a trailer over (not moving) if not secured properly!

They can also blow a car off the road!
Yep, semi's laying on there sides is normal out here. We call it population control. Heck, years ago there was an 8 car line of railroad boxcars on the track out there by outback. A wind burst came and slap blew the lot of them over. Crazy.
unyalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #63
President ProPride, Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE44460 View Post
Find good pictures of both hitches, Youtube for one. Compare how the heads are fabricated, thickness of material. If you see the difference, you'll end up with the Hensley.
YES! Please DO!

Here is a 38 page thread with many comparative pictures of the quality between the two. It also has posts from many former Hensley Arrow owners.

The most advanced Hensley hitch design

Here's a nice side by side of the hitch bars. Note the welds. Also note the way that the wedges are finished so that they match the hitch box for easier hitching and unhitching. Someplace there is a side by side of the hitch boxes that show how the 3P hitch box is finished in comparison to the Arrow. The corners of the Arrow hitch box are NOT consistent and the box eventually bends under load. The hitch box is completely redesigned and reinforced in the 3P.

If you'd like I can actually post more photos comparing the two, how the heads are fabricated, and the thickness of the material. I have 5 or 6 Hensley Arrows laying in the corner that I can photograph side by side.

-
Sean Woodruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #64

Lol.....was wondering how long it would be before you showed up.....!...I aint reading 38 pages......
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #65

Haha Sean I had no idea you were on here, but well duh! I'm gonna be calling you on Monday or Tuesday! I'm sure you have put 2 & 2 together that the lady in Austin you are talking to is ME!!!
PBallie1602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #66
President ProPride, Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj View Post
Lol.....was wondering how long it would be before you showed up.....!...I aint reading 38 pages......

You know I'm always lurking...

No need to read 38 pages... my customers and the product have more than spoken for the differences in the last 5 years.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #67
President ProPride, Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBallie1602 View Post
Haha Sean I had no idea you were on here, but well duh! I'm gonna be calling you on Monday or Tuesday! I'm sure you have put 2 & 2 together that the lady in Austin you are talking to is ME!!!
I don't mean to be a creeper Allie BUT I knew it was you sometime last week. - Saw you on the Facebook page too. On second thought, maybe that IS kinda creepy...
Old 10-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #68

Hahahaha wow computers have made this a small world!! Well at least I wasn't telling fibs or something! Well soon we will be good friends. I'm gonna drive you crazy w/ questions and need my hand held the whole way. As you now obviously know we are NEW and this is foreign to us. Talk to you next week!!!
Old 10-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #69
President ProPride, Inc.

Quote:
Hahahaha wow computers have made this a small world!! Well at least I wasn't telling fibs or something! Well soon we will be good friends. I'm gonna drive you crazy w/ questions and need my hand held the whole way. As you now obviously know we are NEW and this is foreign to us. Talk to you next week!!!
No problem... as you've seen I'm pretty easy to contact because I'm never that far away.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Woodruff View Post
You know I'm always lurking...

No need to read 38 pages... my customers and the product have more than spoken for the differences in the last 5 years.
Oh no doubt......i had fully intended to put a ha or pp on my new rig, and after weeks of reading decided on the pp.....but my setup now is towing just fine so thats on hold....

And hey, if ya look on page 3, i recommended the pp over the ha as well.....!!!!

Either way it always speaks volumes of a company when the leaders are out there to promote and defend their products.....
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #71

A lot of good info here. I want to add my two cents jus to muddy the waters a little. I have a 2004 Ford F250 Powerstroke Diesel. My sway is directly related to the defective steering box on the truck. It's a well-known fact. Your hitch maybe out of adjustment. There may even be a better one out there but do a little research and you will find it's well known Ford's steering boxes are notorious for sway/wandering issues.
jdandrson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:15 PM   #72

OK guys I just ordered the Propride Hitch and I will get it at the end of December and install in January. We are a bit nervous since we have had so much problems w/ sway and are now investing a great deal of money in something we are hoping/expecting to fix the problem. I will let you know how install goes and how it rides after... FINGERS CROSSED!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 01:20 PM   #73
DDC

Quote:
OK guys I just ordered the Propride Hitch and I will get it at the end of December and install in January. We are a bit nervous since we have had so much problems w/ sway and are now investing a great deal of money in something we are hoping/expecting to fix the problem. I will let you know how install goes and how it rides after... FINGERS CROSSED!!!
You will I am sure be wondering why everyone does not have either a Hensley or a Propride after your first trip, NO SWAY to control and relaxed driving, good luck not that you'll need it now.http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ignhavefun.gif
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote