Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #91
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,169
Telling a State Trooper that you are OK, because some guy on a web site says that he does it all the time with no trouble, is not going to improve your bargaining position.

__________________

__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 10:31 AM   #92
Resident Masshole
 
force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Southeastern MA
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZNEDY View Post
But....... when we decide to load it up and travel long distances, I will be dragging it with a 2500. Then I will join the weight police and fire the guy who drags a TT with tents sticking out of it with a 2500
Hey man, I only left that bunk out that ONE time.

Totally j/k. I also tow a boat and snowmobiles, and after testing driving a few diff trucks, the 2500 was just "a lot more truck" than any half-ton I'd been in. Plus I knew I'd not have to worry about weight again. Maybe most important, I work from home, so don't have daily driver concerns. I would have made a different decision otherwise.

As the expression goes, your mileage may vary.

On a side note, I live just off the Cape (Rochester, MA), so if I do ever spot your setup @Bourne Scenic, Nickerson, or Sweetwater in Brewster (our 3 fav sites so far), I'll be sure to stop by and say hi!
__________________

__________________
Tom F.
2013 GMC 2500HD SLT Crew Cab
2013 Rockwood Roo 23SS
Nights camped in 2014: 8
Nights camped in 2013: 30
force is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #93
Senior Moment
 
rockport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Weatherford, TX
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Telling a State Trooper that you are OK, because some guy on a web site says that he does it all the time with no trouble, is not going to improve your bargaining position.

Lou, have you ever actually known of someone who received a ticket for overloading their 1/2 ton truck. Reason I ask is I see these kind of comments on this forum and on rv.net but have never seen anyone say they actually got a ticket or even a warning for that matter. Curious.
__________________
rockport is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #94
Senior Member
 
CZNEDY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Up and down the east coast
Posts: 1,183
I hear ya, I didn't take offense, just trying to deflect some of the attention off me. I'll look for you this summer.
__________________
2018 BERKSHIRE 34QS
2004 Jeep Wrangler and a
Cooler full of good ideas
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 10:56 AM   #95
Senior Member
 
CZNEDY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Up and down the east coast
Posts: 1,183
Once I was pulled over for not having an inspection sticker on my MH. The State Trooper asked me what my License Plate stood for. I told him "Cousin Eddy", he cracked up, folded his ticket book up and said, Have a nice day.
__________________
2018 BERKSHIRE 34QS
2004 Jeep Wrangler and a
Cooler full of good ideas
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #96
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockport View Post
Lou, have you ever actually known of someone who received a ticket for overloading their 1/2 ton truck. Reason I ask is I see these kind of comments on this forum and on rv.net but have never seen anyone say they actually got a ticket or even a warning for that matter. Curious.

Personally, I don't want to be the "Poster Child;" be my guest.

Our local police set up a weight check station on a local road and was pulling over every truck and trailer that went by. I did see two lawn service trailers in the lot, but no travel trailers.

Integrity means coming to a full stop at a stop sign even when no one is looking and there is no traffic; JUST BECAUSE IT IS RIGHT.

NOT because you will be caught.

Integrity can not be taught; you either have it or you don't.
It was a lesson the military had to learn the hard way.

The TQM initiative failed because of it.
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #97
Camper Less Camping
 
Cajun Po-Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW
Posts: 3,642
I always questioned why so many FRF members don't list their TV in their signature...kinda like an Olympian hiding chocolates in the house, they know it's not good for their body or training but keep it secret to prevent the haggling from peers!?
__________________
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6 (sold)
Family of 4 whose always on the GEAUX!
Cajun Po-Boy is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #98
Moderator Emeritus
 
MtnGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Posts: 9,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Besides that, us folks on food stamps can't afford a nice, new, big truck.
We have been supplementing our food stamps with cicadas....they are all over the place. Sorta taste like wild hickory nuts, as Euell Gibbons used to say.
__________________

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #99
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 511
For what you're doing, go for it. Doubt those short trips will hurt a thing. Have fun.
__________________
goduc is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #100
Site Team
 
dcheatwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockport View Post

Lou, have you ever actually known of someone who received a ticket for overloading their 1/2 ton truck. Reason I ask is I see these kind of comments on this forum and on rv.net but have never seen anyone say they actually got a ticket or even a warning for that matter. Curious.
Just retired from wearing g a badge for 33 years. Never wrote an overloaded pickup. No safety chains, yes. No brakes, yes. No lights, yes. Reckless driving with a trailer, yes. But never overloaded. Issue never came up. Perhaps because avg PD, SO and SP don't provide a means to weigh it. So what do you say in court? "Well, judge, it just looked too heavy?" Lol.
Not saying there's no concern or safety issue. Only that over weight is hard to prove without weighing.
Everyone just drive safe and watch out for each other. ;*}
__________________

__________________
2013 Rockwood 8282WS
Reese Revolution Pin, Reese 16K
2008 Tundra Limited Double Cab 5.7L
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 AM.