Old 11-05-2019, 11:44 PM   #21

Is mildred a ghost?

Fkaske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:18 AM   #22

Update: Problem Resolved

I found my husband lost key fob on the ground where the truck is normally parked. So it has been out there in the rain and sun. We replaced the battery in his key fob and mine. Problem has been resolved.

Here I blamed poor Mildred. I will have to find a way to make it up to her.

2015 23 BD Gray Wolf
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 TX Edition 2015 - 7 nights, 2 trips, 2016 - 2 trip, 24 nights, 2017 1 trip, 3 nights 2018 1 trip, 93 nights

mdstudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:22 AM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdstudey View Post
I found my husband lost key fob on the ground where the truck is normally parked. So it has been out there in the rain and sun. We replaced the battery in his key fob and mine. Problem has been resolved.

Thanks for returning and posting the solution!

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 =111/'19 = 86; booked = 0
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:54 AM   #24

X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Thanks for returning and posting the solution!
Old 11-06-2019, 10:47 AM   #25
Head Rambler

Thanks for letting us know what the culprit was.

Mildred might enjoy a little angel food cake! Or maybe devil's food cookies!
Old 11-06-2019, 03:15 PM   #26

Glad it was an easy fix for you.
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 03:40 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdstudey View Post

How do you know it wasn't Mildred who dropped it on the ground?

(Cue Twilight Zone music.)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 06:08 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Nope, not Cumins, either. Try Cummins with 2 Ms and no G.

Dang autocorrect. Lol. Thanks mr. dan
dodgemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:59 AM   #29

TIPM and wire connector plug

I just had weird electrical trouble with my '06 Ram 3500. These years are known for electrical problems. The tech's scanner said TIPM was bad. The dealer wanted $1500.00. I found Gomer's Inc. in Missoula MT. usdieselparts.com 800-823-4444. Remanufactured TIPM at a very affordable price sent to my door. I took to tech for installation, they need to "pair" it to your truck. It fixed most of the trouble. I also had a "no communication" code. That was corrected by a "DODGE WIZ KID" in Boone NC who found the problem in the large wiring harness plug to the right of the valve cover on the fire wall. It was 3 weak connection springs down in the plug. He tweeked them and it worked. Some said bad grounds so I went through and found every ground I could. Under the dash, under the hood, under the truck, all over. Not a bad idea for any vehicle or RV. My truck runs fine now. No warning dings, crazy tack, flashing lights and now total communication between the TIPM, Engine Control Module and what ever else needs to know something that these "Beasts of a Truck" needs to run well. There is light at the end of the tunnel for you I'm sure. Hope this helps!!!!!!!!!! It's frustrating (aaahhhhh) until it's fixed.
3605Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 11:18 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalsofEscape View Post
i

to be precise - it is TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module)

I found out about the TIPM when I described an issue i was having with my 2011 Durango not always starting on the first attempt but roaring to life on the second and the service writer said "TPIM" without any hesitation. Yep - it was recalled for the fuel relay in the TPIM.

robbie corrected it -
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3605Dave View Post
I just had weird electrical trouble with my '06 Ram 3500. These years are known for electrical problems. The tech's scanner said TIPM was bad. The dealer wanted $1500.00. I found Gomer's Inc. in Missoula MT. usdieselparts.com 800-823-4444. Remanufactured TIPM at a very affordable price sent to my door. I took to tech for installation, they need to "pair" it to your truck. It fixed most of the trouble. I also had a "no communication" code. That was corrected by a "DODGE WIZ KID" in Boone NC who found the problem in the large wiring harness plug to the right of the valve cover on the fire wall. It was 3 weak connection springs down in the plug. He tweeked them and it worked. Some said bad grounds so I went through and found every ground I could. Under the dash, under the hood, under the truck, all over. Not a bad idea for any vehicle or RV. My truck runs fine now. No warning dings, crazy tack, flashing lights and now total communication between the TIPM, Engine Control Module and what ever else needs to know something that these "Beasts of a Truck" needs to run well. There is light at the end of the tunnel for you I'm sure. Hope this helps!!!!!!!!!! It's frustrating (aaahhhhh) until it's fixed.
I had some electrical issues with our '02 1500. Mostly BCM related (attached to side of TIPM) and one or two other items. I had read the TIPM is prone to corroding. I took ours out to have a look, looked perfect inside, but as I was disconnecting the harness connectors I noticed some were very dirty and some had corrosion. I cleaned the connections up as best I could and put dielectric on the pins when I reconnected everything. Problem went away permanently. Those connections (just about all are) are not sealed and are essentially exposed. I learned very quickly to put dielectric on all connections I ever took apart on that truck.
1953 GMC 9314
Lins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 12:00 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycmpng View Post
fob battery is cheaper than truck batteries.
You can load test the vehicle battery to see if it needs to be changed. It's typically a free 10 second check.
1953 GMC 9314
Lins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:16 PM   #32

I agree, probably TIPM. Best thing you can do is when it catches on fire wait 20 minutes,then call the fire department. Take your insurance check and buy a Duramax.
Nastynotchback1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 05:55 AM   #33

As other posters have noted, good connections are paramount. Usually, a solid state electrical device such as the TIPM will never need service. But, if a bad connection somewhere arcs or is intermittent, it sends surges of current throughout the system, and a weak link, such as a diode, resistor, chip, etc. somewhere in a complicated system like this will fail. It only takes a few milliamps sometimes.
So, if connections are always tight, wires aren't corroded or missing insulation, then you can expect systems to last virtually forever. Its all about good maintenance. Same goes for our own bodies. Take care of yourself and you will last a lot longer!
MOODMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:15 AM   #34

Those poor TIPMs are blamed for many other problems and replaced for those reasons. I was given one by a customer about ten years ago who was on a trip and when a problem arose the dealer in the area told him it was bad. I took it apart and there is nothing electronic inside except three relays for the trailer feed. Otherwise it is just a connection point for various circuits and the forward control module which is attached to the side of it, but a separate part which is electronic. It has more than one feed fuse on the top and if one is bad certain things do not work but others do so they blame the whole thing.
Like others, most problems I find on these electronic vehicles are connections.
aircommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:54 AM   #35

Connections Connections

We have been having a similar problem with a Hyundai Sante Fe. I know it is a completely different vehicle, but in our case a dirty Hood Latch switch that senses when the hood is open was tripping the alarm. Dealer informed us years ago that they have found the Alarm issues are usually caused by a bad connection or ground. With how extensive the modern electrical systems are this is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Start with the simple connections and where they may be exposed to the elements.

GingersDad is offline   Reply With Quote