Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2017, 06:11 PM   #1

Timbren Suspension System

I have a 2012 Tacoma with a WDH towing a 22' TT. WDH seems good and weights show that it is working. However, front of truck still tracks some, enough to make me nervous. A guy towing a much larger trailer told me that air bags would help solve the rest of my problem. After reseraching on Etrailer, they recommended the Timbren system since my payload pretty much stays the same when loaded.
I am going to attempt to self install when I receive them.
Anyone install this system?
OLDNAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:13 PM   #2

I installed them on a F250. It was simple. The ride is a little stiffer with a load but not bad. No change unloaded. Most of th sag is gone.n when loaded I like them so far and would chose them over bags again.
gtbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:25 PM   #3
WTA

I used them on a 2007 Tundra pulling a V-lite. I had to call Timbren and they sent me half inch spacers to reduce the gap between the Timbren spring and the bump stop. If I remember correctly the gap should have been 3/4ths inch on the Tundra when unloaded. I did not notice any difference in the ride and would use them again if I had the need.
WTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:50 PM   #4

I installed them on my 2010 Dodge Ram 3500 and I originally had them on a 2003 Dodge Ram 3500. I like them especially when loaded heavy. If your load is constant timbres are the way to go, no maintenance and cheaper than air bags. They are a little rough when empty. I just tell everyone it rides like a truck.
Doorguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 10:19 PM   #5

I installed them on my 2015 Silverado dually. When hitched up it kept bouncing on and off the overloads giving us a harsh ride. These made the transition onto the overloads much smoother. When it's empty I don't even notice them. Had airbags on my last truck and I got real tired of having to fuss with them. Timbrens may not be the answer for everyone but they sure work in my situation. What really convinced me was when I talked to the Timbren people and they said I could return them if I didn't like them. Not many places will tell you that up front.
Level up, dual panes & all that stuff...
GOTTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension