Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2014, 01:41 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Tire aid, genset and an electric impact wrench with 3/4" or 17mm scockets.

10-15 min to change it out.
NASCAR can do (4) tires in under (15 Sec.)! Youroo!!
__________________

__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:45 PM   #12
CLT
Next Gen Camperbot 5000XL
 
CLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Tire aid, genset and an electric impact wrench with 3/4" or 17mm scockets.

10-15 min to change it out.
And I always wondered about those electric impact wrenches, do they have enough torque to get the lugnut off or do you have to break them free first with a lug wrench?
__________________

__________________
NO TV!!! NOW WHAT???
2014 Coachmen Apex 259BHSS
CLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:55 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT View Post
And I always wondered about those electric impact wrenches, do they have enough torque to get the lugnut off or do you have to break them free first with a lug wrench?
I took a couple of lugs loose on my F250 to test it a bit and it was way easy.

They are a bit heavy but that is a good thing.

Lowes

Shop Kobalt 8-Amp 1/2-in Corded Impact Wrench at Lowes.com=

One guy at my work says these work hella good.

Electric Impact Wrench - 1/2"
__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:11 PM   #14
CLT
Next Gen Camperbot 5000XL
 
CLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 316
For the price difference I'd probably go with the Harbor Freight version. I purchased a hammer drill there that has been put through severe testing and surprisingly it is still alive. Many of their tools are sub-par quality though, so I'd have to see it in person first.
__________________
NO TV!!! NOW WHAT???
2014 Coachmen Apex 259BHSS
CLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:18 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT View Post
For the price difference I'd probably go with the Harbor Freight version. I purchased a hammer drill there that has been put through severe testing and surprisingly it is still alive. Many of their tools are sub-par quality though, so I'd have to see it in person first.
I did just that.
I looked at Harbor and then looked at Lowes after some online research I bought the one from Lowes.

Dewalt makes a nice one but it is way more than the Lowes brand with a lower amp motor.
__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:39 PM   #16
CLT
Next Gen Camperbot 5000XL
 
CLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 316
Kawasaki 841426 1/2-Inch Impact 7.5-Amp Wrench - Power Impact Wrenches - Amazon.com

This option also...mixed reviews but overall 4.1/5 stars.

edit: Looks suspiciously similar to the HF version, but has a 3 year warranty vs 90 days.
__________________
NO TV!!! NOW WHAT???
2014 Coachmen Apex 259BHSS
CLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:44 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT View Post
Kawasaki 841426 1/2-Inch Impact 7.5-Amp Wrench - Power Impact Wrenches - Amazon.com

This option also...mixed reviews but overall 4.1/5 stars.

edit: Looks suspiciously similar to the HF version, but has a 3 year warranty vs 90 days.
And it is Kow green as well.....

Still a smaller motor than the Kobalt.
__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:47 PM   #18
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Breaker bar/torque wrench and spin the wheel. No need for any impact, etc.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 03:11 PM   #19
Oklahoma Proud
 
MillerTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: central OK
Posts: 2,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT View Post
And I always wondered about those electric impact wrenches, do they have enough torque to get the lugnut off or do you have to break them free first with a lug wrench?
I always carry my snap-on 1/2" and 3/8" impacts with me. Most of the time the 3/8"works fine (I think its rated at about 280-300ftlb). But I also use these at work everyday, otherwise it might not be worth the $599+ each investment. But they do everything that a quality air one will do, and more than a cheap air tool.

-they also make manual stab jacks a 10 second each, setup!

Ps. The green one is a loaner since my new lithium one is getting repaired (and its even stouter)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1400958694497.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	53164  
__________________
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 03:55 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
I always carry my snap-on 1/2" and 3/8" impacts with me. Most of the time the 3/8"works fine (I think its rated at about 280-300ftlb). But I also use these at work everyday, otherwise it might not be worth the $599+ each investment. But they do everything that a quality air one will do, and more than a cheap air tool.

-they also make manual stab jacks a 10 second each, setup!

Ps. The green one is a loaner since my new lithium one is getting repaired (and its even stouter)
I have one of these in a 3/8 corded drill.

Scissor Jack Drill Adapter - RVWholesalers.com RV Parts and Accessories

I love how fast is sets the stab jacks....
__________________

__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
axle, tire

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 PM.