Old 11-06-2009, 02:52 PM   #11

Just came back from Discount Tire. They said they talked with Maxxis and they have suspended production of their 205/75/15 8 ply D. Thier website says they are sold out and they have not replied to my emails. Anyone else make an 8 ply D load in 205/75/15 besides Carlisle?

Old 11-06-2009, 03:19 PM   #12

KP
Quote:
They said they talked with Maxxis and they have suspended production of their 205/75/15 8 ply D.
That is bad news for all of us Surveyor/Rockwood/Flagstaff owners.

Denman does make an ST205/75R15 load range D, the problem is that thier new tire "Cargo Carrier" is made in China. As a company they have an excellent reputation, I would rather use thier made in China tire than Carlise's made in China tire.

You might also see if you can locate some Denman Express ST tires in this size. They were made in Mexico and are what I have. You would have to be carefull of Date Codes on them since production stopped about 7 months ago.

The other option is to go to a 15 X 6 rim and ST225/75R15's, I don't think the difference in diameter would stop you from using them.

Good Luck

Old 11-11-2009, 12:17 AM   #13

Update

This is what I finally received from a dealer representing Maxxis:
Good morning! I'm very sorry for getting back to you so late, we were at the automotive SEMA show (www.semashow.com) last week and phone/email support was very spotty, our warehouse was in full swing though to make sure that orders were processed and shipped as scheduled. We usually answer all emails and voicemails within minutes (during business hours), this delay will not happen again.

We don't have a re-stocking date on them as of yet but we should have them within the next four weeks. Maxxis re-stocks these regularly, I'll keep your contact info at hand and let me know once they become available.

Thanks for considering Gripston as your tire source. Please let me know if there's anything else that I can assist you with.

That being said, maybe the tires are still on their product sheet. I cannot wait a month however, so I am going with Denman's Cargo Carriers.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:50 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphammer View Post
This is what I finally received from a dealer representing Maxxis:
Good morning! I'm very sorry for getting back to you so late, we were at the automotive SEMA show (www.semashow.com) last week and phone/email support was very spotty, our warehouse was in full swing though to make sure that orders were processed and shipped as scheduled. We usually answer all emails and voicemails within minutes (during business hours), this delay will not happen again.

We don't have a re-stocking date on them as of yet but we should have them within the next four weeks. Maxxis re-stocks these regularly, I'll keep your contact info at hand and let me know once they become available.

Thanks for considering Gripston as your tire source. Please let me know if there's anything else that I can assist you with.

That being said, maybe the tires are still on their product sheet. I cannot wait a month however, so I am going with Denman's Cargo Carriers.

Here are two sites I posted on the 5th of November on tire info that might help you with any question you might have.
http://www.carlisletire.com/product ...vice guide.pdf
www.tire-information-world.com
Old 11-11-2009, 02:15 PM   #15

KP,

Here is what I got from Maxxis this morning 11/11/2009 regarding the ST205/75R15 LR D tire.

"John, Thank you for your interest in Maxxis Tires. Please contact our distributor of trailer tires ATD/American Tire Distributors at Phone: 800-763-8737 / 502-375-9848. This tire is still in production but because of high demand the tires may be hard to find and have low stock levels. You can also purchase them online at www.maxxis.com Thank you, Brandon Bentley Maxxis Tires "

You might contact ATD before you commit to the Denman tires.

John U