Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2015, 09:42 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynerz View Post
I too had a set of michelin ltx m/s tires. Wore down to 3/32 and 4/32 in less than 30000 miles. Tire pressure checked weekly, tires rotated every 6 months along with alignment check at that time and performed if needed. To say I was po'd would be an understatement. Tire dealer claimed neglect until I plopped maintainance records onto his counter. He changed his tune quickly when he saw he didn't have a leg to stand on.

I am going back with them on the off chance I got a bad set. They are supposed to be 70000 mile tires. I got 29xxx out of them. I live in illinois, so no corners to carve. All roads lead to "T" corners or intersections. I have an old hot rod when I get the urge to turn tires into smoke. I drive and baby my truck like the proverbial old man.

They ride well, excellent traction in the wet/snow. My only bitch is the wear/mileage I got out of them. Will review again in 2 years if they wear like this again or if I remember... lol.
Did you contact Michelin? Your situation is very atypical, and I guarantee they'd want to have the set shipped to them to see if there was a problem lot but more importantly to make sure you weren't one of the unfortunate receivers of counterfeit Michelins! Yep, it happens... The LTX is one of their hottest selling lines and they take that line's reputation quite serious.
geotex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:10 PM   #22

Firestone Transforce gets my vote, Have used goodyear,michelins,bf goodrich none held up like the Transforce. side cracking on the gy,m,gr
Old 02-24-2015, 11:31 PM   #23
phat phrog stunt crew

Michelin has been contacted. They are prorating my tires to the tune of roughly half price. This will be my final set of michelins if I get the same results. We use firestone transforce on our work trucks, but I was told they have no warrenty, so I shyed away from them. The firestones seem to wear well, and I will have to look at the records to see when they were installed (mileage the vs current miles).

Just consider me a skeptical michelin buyer.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:04 PM   #24

I replaced my original Goodyear AT tires on my 2011 1500 4X4 crew cab with Michelin LTX 265 18" M&S load range E. I noticed an immediate difference in side squirm when pulling the trailer. I also believe there is more rubber contacting the road with the LTX tire over the AT tires. Tire pressure seems to be a matter of personal opinion. IMO, the tires were designed to have 60 - 70 PSI and so that is what I run in mine all the time. I did email Michelin with the question and they responded by saying less pressure will cause poor wear. Ride is a little firmer but not terrible. Like someone else said..... it's a truck. Most of our miles on it is pulling the trailer so it doesn't make much difference to me.
My TPM originally kept telling my my pressure was off but since as either given up on me or has decided that is what I want and no longer gives me a warning that I am outside the 38 PSI range.

Rod
Rod, Debbe 1 spoiled Chihuahua and Becky the cat
1Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:11 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP44 View Post
Not sure what size/weight your trailer is, but LT's are the way to go. And since I drive in a lot of snow, went with the new version of the BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2's. This new version is supposed to have better wear life on pavement than the old ones. Had those on there before and really liked them, but only got about 35,000 miles out them. Otherwise, a great tire.
All-Terrain T/A KO2 | BFGoodrich Tires
+1 on the KO2's.

I can't speak to mileage as I've only got about 5K on mine. But traction has been awesome, little road noise, and I get lot's of compliments on them. They are a great looking tire.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:30 PM   #26

I will agree with the Michelin m&s. Have a set on 2 trucks. One has over 70,000 miles with over half the tread left. The other has about 30,000 and no sign of wear. Had Firestone before and traction & breaking was much worse. They would break traction in wet often. The Michelin tires spin less on snow than my Firestone did on wet surface. The ride on the Michelin was much better also.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:05 PM   #27

Think I may look in to the m&s
danielabram71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire, tires, truck