Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2016, 08:25 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Magnolia, Tx
Posts: 23
Tires for TV

I'm driving a 2015 Lincoln Navigator and occasionally pull a 34' Heritage Glen with a dry weight of approx 7000 pounds. Time to replace tires. Currently use a stock passenger rated tire. Thinking about a light truck tire but not sure how it will affect vehicle's suspension with auto load leveling. Any ideas?
__________________

__________________
Buzzard Bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:57 PM   #2
Usually Confused Member
 
emm-dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard Bait View Post
I'm driving a 2015 Lincoln Navigator and occasionally pull a 34' Heritage Glen with a dry weight of approx 7000 pounds. Time to replace tires. Currently use a stock passenger rated tire. Thinking about a light truck tire but not sure how it will affect vehicle's suspension with auto load leveling. Any ideas?
Just get a 10 ply rated E-load tire. Stability while towing will be remarkably improved.
__________________

__________________
At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:16 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,600
Since you pull infrequently I would replace with the same stock tire since you seem to have no complaints.


2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K
__________________

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 11:51 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Magnolia, Tx
Posts: 23
Tires

The current tires are P Metric. Many posts suggest a LT tire for better stability with this size trailer. Tires are 275-55-20. Only LT in that size seems to be BFG all terrain K02. Looks like pretty aggressive tread. Wondering about ride and noise when not pulling. Yokohama has a XL rated with a 2800 lb max load.
__________________
Buzzard Bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 09:20 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: greensburg pa
Posts: 320
XL's are smarter way to go. LTs are to much for your navigator IMO- loss ride quality and noise. I wont run LT's on my tundra because I know It will ride bad - for what I tow Im ok with alittle wiggle.
__________________

2006 Honda Goldwing
2012 Toyota Tundra DC
2015 Cherokee Grey wolf 19RR Limited
bluewoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:30 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
raspivey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brazoria County, Texas
Posts: 1,276
I tow 7300 lbs loaded with a Tahoe, so I can relate. I run Nitto 420S XL rated in the rear at 45 PSI cold and it handles great. I drop to 35 PSI when not towing and have a stock ride.
__________________
2012 Chevy Tahoe LTZ - HD tow package
2017 Rockwood 2703WS Emerald Edition
raspivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:23 AM   #7
Site Team
 
acadianbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Posts: 2,874
I think LT's aren't a good idea for your vehicle; especially E rated. You would be unhappy.
__________________
http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp297/acadianbob/IMG_2757.jpg
2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost, 2016 Surveyor 274BHS
2003 Yamaha FJR1300, Demco Premiere Slider
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 12:32 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by raspivey View Post
I tow 7300 lbs loaded with a Tahoe, so I can relate. I run Nitto 420S XL rated in the rear at 45 PSI cold and it handles great. I drop to 35 PSI when not towing and have a stock ride.

How long have you had these tires? I am looking at the exact same ones and wondering how they ride and are wearing.

I don't want to kill the ride on my traverse so I have decided against the LT tires for now.

Thanks
Tim
__________________
mopwr4me2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 03:27 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
raspivey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brazoria County, Texas
Posts: 1,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopwr4me2003 View Post
How long have you had these tires? I am looking at the exact same ones and wondering how they ride and are wearing.

I don't want to kill the ride on my traverse so I have decided against the LT tires for now.

Thanks
Tim
I've only had them for about a month, but I've had good luck with Nitto. I ran them on my Camaro and now I run them on the front of my Vette. I'd put them on the back, but they don't make a drag radial in my size so I had to go with Mickey Thompson.

The ride is as good as stock on the Tahoe at 35 lbs. I've got nearly 900 lbs TW and 45 PSI felt good and rode like stock when towing. Unhitched I definitely notice the rougher ride at 45 lbs.
__________________
2012 Chevy Tahoe LTZ - HD tow package
2017 Rockwood 2703WS Emerald Edition
raspivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 08:17 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by raspivey View Post
I've only had them for about a month, but I've had good luck with Nitto. I ran them on my Camaro and now I run them on the front of my Vette. I'd put them on the back, but they don't make a drag radial in my size so I had to go with Mickey Thompson.

The ride is as good as stock on the Tahoe at 35 lbs. I've got nearly 900 lbs TW and 45 PSI felt good and rode like stock when towing. Unhitched I definitely notice the rougher ride at 45 lbs.

Thanks for the info this helps.

Tim
__________________

__________________
mopwr4me2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tire, tires

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.