Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2013, 04:38 PM   #1

Tires, Tires, Tires...

My T25KS Wildwood TT came from the factory with a set of 4 Transmaster ST225/75-R15 load range D tires installed on it. After 4k miles, the wear on 2 them (rear axel) is evident on the outter edge only (picture shows difference between tire wear on front and rear axel) and to be safe I want to replace them. I have had the axel checked to make sure it wasn't bent, and the trailer tow is level. The local tire store (Les Schwab) has Gladiator ST-225/75-R215 load range E tires as possible replacements. Anyone have any experience with either the factory installed Transmaster tires that came with the trailer or the Gladiator Brand ST Tires that are possible replacements.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tire snip.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	36622  
STGCM(SW) USN Ret 30 yrs.
Adony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:43 PM   #2

My older trailer had Duras which rotted after two seasons. I replaced them with Goodyear Marathons. I also bought a set of tire covers since these weren't cheap tires. So as to the ones you mentioned, I have no experience. But whatever you get, buy a set of tire covers and put hem on whenever your TT is parked.
John4th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:05 PM   #3

Outer edge wear like that is some what normal due to the trl pivoting in tight turns, looks like yours is pivoting on the front axle and dragging the rear axle sideways causing outer edge wear.

2012 Winnebago "Journey To Insanity" 40U
2008 Dakota Sport 4x4
2004 Subaru Baja - DW's
2006 Honda Shadow Aero - TOAD for now.
F.R.O.G. member
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire, tires