Old 07-02-2019, 12:34 AM   #1

Titan Fuel Tanks?

Our kids (16 & 12) are competitive in the archery world and do a lot of tournaments. Up until this year it has been mostly in state stuff here in AZ and we would pull our Forest River Vibe 272BHS to wherever the tournament was and stay.

Well in February we took a big leap for us and pulled our TT to Vegas for our daughter to compete in. Stayed at Nellis and loved it. Then last week we pulled to Chula Vista for my sons competition and spent 8 days there making a vacation out of it. It looks like we will be traveling to a lot more states now including back east.

The family fell in love with taking the TT and not staying in hotels. Got to sleep in there own beds they’re familiar with and generally just enjoyed having our own space to go to. Not to mention I truly enjoyed the cost savings of not eating out all the time. Did I mention I have a 16 year old son that eats like a horse!

So with that being said I am considering options for longer fuel range. I am running a 2015 RAM 2500 6.7 Cummins Mega Cab with a 31 gallon tank. Pulling through the hills to San Diego we averaged around 10 MPG. With future trips coming up I am interested in possibly stretching out my range. I would love to be able to just travel as far as my fuel would get me in a day but unfortunately I still have my day job.

I have been researching the Titan 55 gallon replacement tank and am leaning towards that. I do like the idea of an aux tank with even more fuel but I have a Diamondback Truck Cover on and most are to tall and I am not quite convinced on losing the bed space.

So all that to ask what experience you might have with the Titan or even other options. For replacement tanks does your fuel gauge work well? What about miles to empty; although that’s not a huge deal because I keep pretty good fuel logs and track mpg pretty closely.

Any info you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:43 AM   #2

I do not have an aftermarket tank on my Dodge Mega Cab. But if I did chose to put an aftermarket tank Titan would be one of them. The other would be TransferFlow, TransferFlow offers a 50 gallon replacement tank for the Ram Mega Cab.

I would contact the companies either Titan or TrasnferFlow and ask them this question directly. A customer friendly company should be able to answer your questions.

I would research this on Turbo Diesel Register. COM, as a lot of members use aftermarket tanks on this site.

Old 07-02-2019, 11:05 AM   #3

Transfer Flow has a $200 off 4th of July promotion going on. If your tournament schedule takes you near Chico, CA they will install it for you as well. Cheaper than paying shipping and installation where you live.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:31 AM   #4

RDS makes a bunch of different sized aux tanks. They are gravity fed and contrary to what the competitors want you to believe, they are DOT legal. I used a 62 gal wedge in my truck, I've had it in both my Ram and now my Chev. Even my wife thinks it is great. Very easy install, trouble free. Hint: when installing it in a Ram use a tailpipe cutter (rented) to remove the necessary section from the metal filler pipe. No chips or filings to get into the fuel tank that way. Way lower cost than the other options. It dumps into your main tank so your gauge will always show full until the aux tank is empty, then your gauge will start to go down as your main tank empties.
Level up, dual panes & all that stuff...
GOTTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 09:59 PM   #5

On the Chevies I think the fuel gauge assumes it's broken after it doesn't go down after enough miles. Seems like a restart fixes it though.
aeblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 05:12 PM   #6

Titan fuel tanks

I have a 60 gallon Titan on my truck and have installed others. They are very thick HDPE material and a true quality product. Everything fits nicely on all the installations I have done.

aircommuter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, tank