Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 10:24 AM   #21
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I'm guessing that's correct!
IMO, the op should contact SC directly anyway. Takes the guess out of it (unless it links to the specific statute that forbids it).
__________________

__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #22
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

IMO, the op should contact SC directly anyway. Takes the guess out of it (unless it links to the specific statute that forbids it).
X2
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Oaklevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,535
I had also checked into it that's why I have a TH now. I am in Virginia.......Not legal in most of the states that touch the Alantic Ocean including FL, SC, NC, VA and others. Can't right off give you the exact statuate numbers, but I know VA Troopers will make you leave the second trailer sitting on the side of the road........plus give you a welcome to Virginia price to pay.................
__________________

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #24
Junior Member
 
QuietTimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SW Ontario, Canada
Posts: 140
In Ontario it is legal. Sure looks strange tho'. We saw trucks pulling 5ers with a boat trailer attached behind. I checked the Ontario laws and found it is legal as long as the total legnth does not exceed 70'. (Could be wrong on the 70' - going from memory here.) We did see this more in the northern areas than the 400 and 401 freeways.

Can you put a camera on the back of your 5er so you can see the trailer behind and know what's going on back there?
__________________
Heather & Jim
2012 Ford F150 EcoBoost
2013 Rockwood 2703WS
Days camped 2012 - 14 (not enough); Days camped 2013 - 41 (May - 3; June-16; July-10; Aug.-12) Still not enough...
Days camped 2014 - 23
QuietTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:27 PM   #25
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post

Where are you from?
South Carolina
__________________
Cardinal camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #26
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietTimes View Post
In Ontario it is legal. Sure looks strange tho'. We saw trucks pulling 5ers with a boat trailer attached behind. I checked the Ontario laws and found it is legal as long as the total legnth does not exceed 70'. (Could be wrong on the 70' - going from memory here.) We did see this more in the northern areas than the 400 and 401 freeways.

Can you put a camera on the back of your 5er so you can see the trailer behind and know what's going on back there?
Yea. I could. Don't have. But probably would before I try. Tks!!
__________________
Cardinal camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
rracer5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Full Timing It
Posts: 1,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post

Strange because just this past November I saw 2 "swivel" wheel setups behind fifth wheels at our campground in Myrtle Beach.

Maybe the "swivel" wheel setups are not illegal whereas the regular style single attaching point towing setups are.
__________________
"PT Crew Members Since 9/2010"[/I][/B]
2011 RAM 2500 HD 6.7L CTD Crew
2014 Sanibel 3250
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #28
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Not familier with a swivel wheel setup .
At least not by your description.
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #29
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 6,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Strange because just this past November I saw 2 "swivel" wheel setups behind fifth wheels at our campground in Myrtle Beach.

Maybe the "swivel" wheel setups are not illegal whereas the regular style single attaching point towing setups are.
I think that with the swivel wheel, since there isn't a pivot point and there is direct attachment to the trailer, it could be considered part of the trailer. It's basically like a cargo platform with a support wheel.
__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped 2017 - 49
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #30
Camper Less Camping
 
Cajun Po-Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW
Posts: 3,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Not familier with a swivel wheel setup .
At least not by your description.


Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1795869385.jpg
Views:	1040
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	24150

Think he's talking about this...Idaho Tote
__________________

__________________
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6 (sold)
Family of 4 whose always on the GEAUX!
Cajun Po-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
5th wheel

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.